DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 landing skids

Jeffro15

Reactions
I bought a set of Tomat landing skids for my Air 2. They had 2 problems. 1 front latch would not allow use of the gimbal protector, and 2 rear latches covered over half of the air intakes.

With careful use of a dremel tool, and x-acto knife, I was able to shorten rear latches to allow full airflow, and cut a notch in the gimbal protector, and narrow the front mount of the skids to allow both to be used together.

Hope this is helpful to anyone looking for a little extra ground clearance

20200719_023817.jpg20200719_023636.jpg20200719_023541.jpg

Good idea[emoji818]️ I have the same landing skid, I really like it, makes launching & landing from small surfaces/footprint or hand launch/catching much easier.
I have a similar version for my Mavic Mini, that one is perfect, doesn’t cover or block anything.

I’ve flown in the hot weather a few times, went through two batteries in a row with no overheating issue but I was thinking the same thing, if covering the vents would cause any issues but so far so good, no warnings etc.

I have two of the same landing skids, one purchased off eBay & took forever to arrive, then I saw it pop up on Amazon and that one arrived in two days. I’m going to trim one with my dremel as well since I have two, thanks for the idea!

As far as the gimbal protector, guess the skid was designed to be used while the done is actually being used, or with the gimbal protector removed if sitting on your shelf for display or open storage purposes. Look at it this way, you won’t forget to remove your gimbal protector! Common mistake most of us have made in the past.

Thanks again for the idea!

Good idea[emoji818]️ I have the same landing skid, I really like it, makes launching & landing from small surfaces/footprint or hand launch/catching much easier.
I have a similar version for my Mavic Mini, that one is perfect, doesn’t cover or block anything.

I’ve flown in the hot weather a few times, went through two batteries in a row with no overheating issue but I was thinking the same thing, if covering the vents would cause any issues but so far so good, no warnings etc.

I have two of the same landing skids, one purchased off eBay & took forever to arrive, then I saw it pop up on Amazon and that one arrived in two days. I’m going to trim one with my dremel as well since I have two, thanks for the idea!

As far as the gimbal protector, guess the skid was designed to be used while the done is actually being used, or with the gimbal protector removed if sitting on your shelf for display or open storage purposes. Look at it this way, you won’t forget to remove your gimbal protector! Common mistake most of us have made in the past.

Thanks again for the idea!
I put a long orange ribbon on my gimbal protector, like an aircraft "remove before flight" flag to keep from forgetting it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conny.malmen