DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Range

Newbie here, just got my MA2 last week. Do love it but having the same range issues I read about here. I'm in the US so assuming it's in FCC mode but don't know how to tell. Either way I'm getting less than a mile, out roughly 4000 feet and it loses signal. Once over a lake and the other just in town from my house, each time got about the same range. Not impressed, so many videos I watched before buying showed the only real limit being the battery, folks getting 5 miles then battery bitting 50% so they turned around but still had great signal. Now I know interference plays a huge role, but I'm in a small town, don't expect much wifi interference, had phone in airplane mode, bluetooth off, doesn't seem to help much. There are a lot of trees but again when I flew it accross the frozen lake wide open space it was the same issue. Any thoughts on the range issue? I have yet to go out to the true country away from totally everything, but I'm far enough away from things that my phone doesn't see any wifi signals to directly interfere with it so not sure being out in BFE will make much difference honestly, but will still try it.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland exz5string.

Newbie here, just got my MA2 last week. Do love it but having the same range issues I read about here.

I too have been reading about it.

My MA2 has been in hibernation during the winter and I haven't updated anything lately.

Side note, what part of Michigan are you in? Upper / Lower?

I used to snowmobile in Michigan and rode across lot of lakes.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Hi all,

Brand new drone flyer here and as this forum suggests I am also having the same issues as many other Mavic Air 2 users. I live in Australia (not sure which model this means I have) I am able to change the channels from 2.4 to 5.8ghz and vice versa. I can't get past 1000m anywhere after 800m will drop signal and auto return to home, I am unable to downgrade firmware as I'm using an apple device. I am posting this thread in hopes that someone can guide me or give me some information to a possible soloution or fix if they had the same issues as me.
You write that you are unable to download firmware because you are using an Apple device. I use an Apple device and have had no difficulty downloading firmware so I'm puzzled that you are unable to. Where about in Adelaide are you? I'm at Reynella.
BTW, remember VLOS is a CASA reg. when flying your drone so I'm not sure how you go beyond a couple of Km re that.
Have you thought of getting aerial extensions?

Gracias! Lower MI, 30 min west of Ann Arbor. Plenty of snow for that around here recently, it's started melting this week, I'm ready for spring which is common for us this time of year haha.

Mine is updated to the latest firmware, was weird to me the first time I saw it want to update firmware for the batteries, but I've never had anything with a "smart" battery before. Also curious though I fully charge them but have yet to see any of them display 100% when I power it on, think the best I got was 90%, and one of them was 70% after charging overnight. Maybe that's something the firmware update will address? Again still new to the drone world but already capturing some sweet looking photos so definitely looking forward to more flights!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31