DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 RID firmware update available today

For Air 2 it does not mention RID. How am i to update it on the .gov site?

I canceled / removed the MA2 in my inventory, and re entered it with the option of checking the RID compliant.

Another $5 and done. Thanks.

I went to "add aircraft" plugged in the Air 2 for the model and checked RID. It then allowed me to add the RID #, didn't offer a Serial # option. For recreational users all devices fly under the same FAA registration # anyway. I figure I can remove the second "device" as soon as I can edit the original Air 2 device, but at least I'm technically registered.

Reactions: MA2 317
For Air 2s I see on DroneZone "Remote ID Equipped Yes".

For Air 2 it does not mention RID. How am i to update it on the .gov site?
Your drone should be registered in your inventory on the FAADroneZone site and if so, it will be "in YOUR list, not the list the FAA maintains showing all the drone models they have certified as RID compliant.

If you see your drone in your list of registered drones, then click on the the vertical dots on the right had side of the drone you want to add the RID info to, and select "edit" and fill in the information as needed on the screen that pops up.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Paul Stocum
I don’t recall the edit option. I deleted previous registration and RR-registered with with RID info. It was going to expire next month anyway.

I contacted FAA and DJI about the MA2 Declaration of Compliance (DOC). As of Oct 26, the MA2 does not have a DOC, so it is not compliant. DJI stated they are working with the FAA on the DOC and it will be there soon. No date was given.

I also understand Recreational registrations will require adding the MA2 and selecting RID yes. Then remove the old record. This should avoid a new registration fee. I have not confirmed this, but that is what the FAA rep. stated. Their instructions below.

You will need to update your registration:

Recreational – Editing an Existing Registration
  • Ensure the device has an FAA-approved remote ID Declaration of Compliance
  • Note the first five characters in “Serial #” (this is your make /model’s manufacturer’s code)
  • Click on the tab labeled “Launch Drone Owners and Pilots Dashboard”
  • Make sure you are on the Recreational Flyer Dashboard
  • Click on “Register”
  • Acknowledge the “Safety Guidance”
  • Click on “Add Device”
  • NOTE: If you previously listed a device and answered “No” to the remote ID question, you will now create a new listing for that same device
  • Answer the remote ID question “Yes”
  • Enter the serial number which begins with your make/model’s unique identifier (NOTE: this number may be on either the aircraft or the controller)
  • Click on “Add Device”
  • Return to “Your Inventory”
  • Next to the earlier registered device will be three vertical dots
  • Click on the dots and select “Cancel”

Hallo DJI Pilots,
where I can download the firmware for MA2?
I can´t find it on DJI homepage!
Regards
Peter

I connected my AM2 to my computer with a USB cable and opened the DJI assistant app. It recognized that there was a newer version of update out there at DJI, downloaded it and installed it successfully. I noted that it would always process through your phone if you use that to fly the AM2.

Hey Cooner,
thank you for your answer.
I know this way.
We have two Mavic 2 enterprise advanced and three Mavic 3T.
With our three Mavic 3T we have made it how you have written.
But we can´t go this way with Mavic 2.
Perhaps this update is official only in USA.
We work in Germany and wanted transfer the RID also in our Mavic 2 because in Germany the RID is also requested.
Of cause we are looking for an extern method for this update to download the firmware separately.
Regards
Peter

You are correct. Logged onto DJI to look and only found they offered update via DJI app or DJI Assistant 2. Not sure why that is different overseas but do not have experience with that. I agree that a manually download and install would be good.

On the drone zone site you are unable to edit your current drone to add RID. You will need to cancel your previous inventory and create a new entry for your drone and can add the RID for your drone.

I updated my firmware this week and all went well. Also registered RID on the Drone Zone site. PROBLEM: I am now noticing that if your flying (On DJI fly app) and another screen pops up and displays over top of the DJI Fly app screen the motors shut down and a remote ID error message appears everytime. Thank goodness I was testing while holding the drone so we did not have a catastrophic crash. An example would be while flying someone calls you. As soon as the Fly app minimizes the motors shut down and RID error message is displayed. My phone is Samsung S23+ Android . Just curiosity if anyone else is experiencing this behavior? I was trying to see if it showed on the Drone Scanner app and never did see it appear. Even with motors running.

I went to "add aircraft" plugged in the Air 2 for the model and checked RID. It then allowed me to add the RID #, didn't offer a Serial # option. For recreational users all devices fly under the same FAA registration # anyway. I figure I can remove the second "device" as soon as I can edit the original Air 2 device, but at least I'm technically registered.
My RID looks like a combination of a RID number and my serial number all together in one.

Should the Dronescanner be detecting the Mavic Air 2 now? The RID number shows up on my controller. I've done all the updates that there are. My drone is registered on the FAA website with the RID number. But still doesn't allow up on Dronescanner. Anyone else having this problem?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne