DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 RID firmware update available today

Where can I get my Mavic Air 2 RID compliant? I've not been able to find it anywhere.

The DJI FLY app should prompt you to update.

If not, go to the "ABOUT" tab and click the "check for updates " tabs.

One is for the software and the other is the fly safe maps.

If the FLY app needs updated, get it from DJI.

Reactions: rsmith
I had bought an Air 2s because I was under the assumption (according to DJI) the Air 2 was not compatible to make it RID compliment. That the Air 2s was the oldest model that could meet the RiD regulations.
I hadn't even opened my Air 2 when the Air 2 S was announced, guess it's the 14 day return period.

I was so jealous of the upgrades of the Air 2S over the Air 2, you've got a great drone.

I had bought an Air 2s because I was under the assumption (according to DJI) the Air 2 was not compatible to make it RID compliment. That the Air 2s was the oldest model that could meet the RiD regulations.
I vaguely remember some indication that Air 2 would be updated for RID about the time I bought mine. Then was disappointed too, later when Air 2 seemed to not make the DJI cutoff list. First there was a rumor that DJI was updating the Air 2, then a December time frame for the RID update, and now it happened early. Was planning on not spending another $100+ for an external module, just scrapping the Air 2.

Update went fine, have not flown it yet. With the new RID number showing, registered at FAA. But, at least on the bench with no props on it, my updated Air 2 powered up, does not show up on the Android Drone Scanner app. Maybe it has to be flying?

But, at least on the bench with no props on it, my updated Air 2 powered up, does not show up on the Android Drone Scanner app. Maybe it has to be flying?

That was may experience a couple days ago. Props need to be spinning and it showed up in the app.

However, I just flew today and it didn't show up in the DS app. 🤔

Although I've updated everything updateable, I've looked in every place on the controller menus, including the About tab and cannot find anything about RID at all. Must be my RCN1 controller.
Found my problem!!!! Thought maybe I had to update my Fly app. After going around in circles on the DJI 'Fly Safe' road block and getting to the download part, and then going around in more circles to get my tablet to accept an 'unknown source' update, everything now works!.

Reactions: MA2 317
What is the mode needed to get the DS so to see the drone, wifi or Bluetooth? Or does it matter? I ran my MA2 with Fly APP v1.12.0 today and it did not show up on DS. Tried both wifi & BT but no show.

did the update today and the FAA drone registration site say my rid serial number is invalid this is the response I got from the FAA. DJI may have "pushed" a remote ID update for the Air 2 however, the Air 2 does not have an FAA-approved declaration of compliance (DOC) as required by 14 CFR Part 89 (the remote ID rule). Your drone is not compliant until DJI submits a DOC and the FAA approves it.

Reactions: kalimah
did the update today and the FAA drone registration site say my rid serial number is invalid this is the response I got from the FAA. DJI may have "pushed" a remote ID update for the Air 2 however, the Air 2 does not have an FAA-approved declaration of compliance (DOC) as required by 14 CFR Part 89 (the remote ID rule). Your drone is not compliant until DJI submits a DOC and the FAA approves it.
Agreed. Everyone has until March to fix this.

I vaguely remember some indication that Air 2 would be updated for RID about the time I bought mine. Then was disappointed too, later when Air 2 seemed to not make the DJI cutoff list. First there was a rumor that DJI was updating the Air 2, then a December time frame for the RID update, and now it happened early. Was planning on not spending another $100+ for an external module, just scrapping the Air 2.

Update went fine, have not flown it yet. With the new RID number showing, registered at FAA. But, at least on the bench with no props on it, my updated Air 2 powered up, does not show up on the Android Drone Scanner app. Maybe it has to be flying?
An update was made. The air 2 is transmitting RID data but it's not on the FAA approved list yet. I registered mine with the FAA. You have to get the remote ID number through DJI Chat. At least I feel like I did my part with the FAA. Let the two giants sort it out.

I updated my Mavic Air 2 from V01.01.1300 to V01.01.1600 this morning via the DJI Assistant 2 app on my computer. There was an update available for the drone but not for the RCN1. I did not find any information really within the software to indicate it was working. However, I downloaded and installed the free Drone Scanner app from Google Store and it detected my drone hovering about 10 meters from me and included all the information that I could see the FAA wanting. As long as I do not hear that the FAA is stumbling over some detail or other, I am going to consider my drone and compliant.
Don't forget to go to the FAADroneZone and update your registration or it not "officially" a compliant drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne