DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Stress Cracks.. Be Aware For This

Gotta be gentle with your equipment guys.

Based on where the cracks are it's possible that it has been caused by putting the battery in while the drone is open and standing on a surface, which would push down on those points. If this is the case a way to avoid it would be to hold the drone underneath when replacing the battery.

Reactions: kidroc and Capt KO
I had similar stress cracks near the propeller arms where they attach to the body of the aircraft, sent it back to DJI, they replaced the Drone - No charge, to which I was grateful ! I believe these stress cracks that appear have been a common issue on some MA 2 drones and could possibly be associated with a faulty batch in the case manufacturing ? Replacement Drone so far appears ok.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Possible causes: 1. Pressing the battery in with the drone standing on a hard surface (cradle it in one hand instead). 2. Failure to fully open props before starting. 3. Hard landings.

Reactions: kidroc
I have these starting and I'm very careful with handling my drone. No crashes, no hard landings and always kept in a custom foam hard case. It seems to me to be some kind of manufacturing defect on early models.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simplefillus