DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Temperature Issue

tommiller85

Reactions
Hi I'm wondering if anyone might be able to shed any light on an issue I'm having with my new Mavic Air 2. It's the first drone I've owned and up until about a week ago had no issues. Suddenly when I power on the drone I receive a warning saying:

"The temperature of the current environment is too low"

I'm able to fly the drone without any issues but I intermittently receive a red alert on the control saying either "Aircraft is too cold" or "Aircraft is overheating" and that I should stop flying the drone immediately.

Anyone have any ideas what might cause this?

Tom, glad to see your post. I took my first flight today. I got the same errors. It was about 65 F this morning. Going through the first flight checklist, I thought maybe those errors were just part of the first flight wizard, thing. Hoping it's just something I did something wrong, but not sure what.

This was before I even took off, got both "too low" and " overheating" errors.

I am at wifi now, so there is an update I will be doing, but hoping someone will have some input.

IMG_2889.PNG
IMG_2890.PNG

Thanks Mazdamaman, maybe update will fix our problems?
I tried a different battery and got same errors.
Where can you see temps in app?

Trying to view logs now, but even though they are sync'd to the "cloud" not sure where to login to view them.

Thanks Mazdamaman, maybe update will fix our problems?
I tried a different battery and got same errors.
Where can you see temps in app?

Trying to view logs now, but even though they are sync'd to the "cloud" not sure where to login to view them.
Create a free Airdata and upload them from DJI to there.
You enter your DJI email and password and Airdata will go fetch them.

Evening all . Updated my brand new mavic air 2 (second one I bought this year FFS) to the very latest firmware , and am happy to report a flawless flight - no errors or warning messages .
Only one or two short flights so early days.
Hope this is the cure for your issues , will revert back if the temperature warnings reappear.

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I emailed Mavic support and they asked me to check whether I could hear the fans when turning on my drone - which I can. I'm getting both errors intermittently. Will try update the firmware this evening and update you as to whether I'm still experiencing the issue.

Yes, I my fan turn on almost immediately after turning on the drone. I would say between 0 and 30 seconds and fan kicks on.

Good news is that I did the firmware update and it hasn't given me any of those issues. During that firmware update though, the bottom got very hot, even thought it was relatively cool here and on a hard well ventilated surface. I am worrying I got one of the MA2 drones that needed a bit more thermal compound??

It took about 10mins and the temp of bottom heatsink got to be around 108f, which is probably normal? camera was not on.

I will take it out for a flight and test it further, excited about errors going away after firmware update.

Create a free Airdata and upload them from DJI to there.
You enter your DJI email and password and Airdata will go fetch them.
not in the new fly app 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 it wont as currently no battery data is showing there are a couple of threads on here regarding this.

Flew it again last night, everything behaved fine. A little glitchy when I went into a path with trees on both sides of me, but performing rock steady in open air.
Thanks

Has same issue on my Air 2, alternating high/low temp warnings. Updated firmware and everything seems OK again.

Got this from airdata last week.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for reaching out. Further to my previous email, DJI reached out to us regarding this issue. They said that it will be fixed with the next version update, but they did not mention when the update will be available. Please stay tuned!

Best regards,
Trevor

My Mini 2 is not calibrating and it's so hot that I can barely touch it. I can't even touch the camera part. Any idea why this is happening? We can't hear the fans turn on when we turn it on and its so hot that the black around the camera is turning white. I'm a little concerned.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS