DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2, Two models????

Both will have OcuSync 2.0 and one of them will have an ADS-B receiver.

as far as the drone is concerned they are identical, but one of them has the new ADS-B system that lets others know where the drone is
I heard on the video that it was only ADS B "IN" which allows the drone pilot to see ADS-B out aircraft,but not the other way around. That would make sense because ADS-B out is much more expensive. I have a small portable ADS-B in receiver that allows me to see other aircraft on the Foreflight app on both my phone and IPad. It allows one to not only see the other aircraft but also it's direction of travel and whether it is climbing or decending along with the tail number. The only reason I can think of to use it with drones is if they are planning on expanding the airspace available to drones. Altitude and dropping line of sight. I can't imagine that happening. All general aviation aircraft were required to have ADS-B "OUT" installed by Jan 2020 in order to fly in A B and C airspace. The cost from a low of around 2000 to up around 9000 bucks...ouch!

Reactions: old man mavic
well i thought it was tied in with drone tracking ,where is this info going to be displayed ,the controller has no screen, so i suppose it must be in the app screen
is the drone going to automatically reduce height and move out of the way if another aircraft is in the same airspace ,dont see the point unless you are flying out of line of sight

well i thought it was tied in with drone tracking ,where is this info going to be displayed ,the controller has no screen, so i suppose it must be in the app screen
is the drone going to automatically reduce height and move out of the way if another aircraft is in the same airspace ,dont see the point unless you are flying out of line of sight
Yeah..Who knows what they're thinking for us drone flyers. In flight near an airport it's very distracting because naturally everyone is heading or leaving the same point and you want your attention outside but one glance at the screen and you really have to rapidly sort out the picture. It used to be that you knew one guy is 5 north and another is a couple of miles to the west and you were number two following the guy on a half mile final . Now you see all these numbers and arrows and ..yikes..but even though ignorance is bliss..it's a lot better now and you do become very comfortable with having ADS-B..in and out. I just don't think it's needed for 99% of the drone fleet.

as far as the drone is concerned they are identical, but one of them has the new ADS-B system that lets others know where the drone is
No - it is only equipped with ADS-B in. So you are only able to see where other suitably equipped manned aircraft (and many are not) are located.
They will have no way of locating or even knowing you are flying.

thanks for the update any idea how this info will be made available to be viewed will it be in the app on the device screen

I suspect it will be a beep or pop up notification in the app on whatever device you would be using. Maybe a small pop up in the corner that when you tap it enlarges it or something.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18