DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 video records in segments only

Reactions
I have been flying my Mavic air 2 for several weeks now without any issues. I've noticed that if I take a 15 minute flight while recording it chops my video into 4:51 segments instead of a continuous video. Is this a setting issue? I believe in the first several flights it recorded continuous.

Hmm. Mine will record a whole flight in one video, though I'm trying to break that habit for easier editing.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
I have been flying my Mavic air 2 for several weeks now without any issues. I've noticed that if I take a 15 minute flight while recording it chops my video into 4:51 segments instead of a continuous video. Is this a setting issue? I believe in the first several flights it recorded continuous.

The video is split once it reaches 3.5gb.

Edit Ninjad by Airmaxx23 & bp328i
That’s normal it’s the way format of the card handles the files you can only have 4 gb using Fat 32 but exFat should theoretically handle larger never the less they are still split when using your drone.

Oh. Thanks!

the length of each 4gb segment is governed by which setting you use for recording i always use 1080p at 30fps as that is the best speed for my old computer to play back my vids smoothly and on each 4gb segment i can get around 13 min's of video ,as the resolution goes up, then the less time each segment will be as there is far more info to be stored

Reactions: THE CYBORG
This has nothing to do with DJI or any settings. It is the FAT 32 file format of your sd card. You can put the card in a card reader, plug into your computer and reformat the card in ExFAT. FAT32 has a max file size of 4gb, ExFAT does not. Just make sure to copy any files you want to save BEFORE reformatting or you will lose everything.

This has nothing to do with DJI or any settings. It is the FAT 32 file format of your sd card. You can put the card in a card reader, plug into your computer and reformat the card in ExFAT. FAT32 has a max file size of 4gb, ExFAT does not. Just make sure to copy any files you want to save BEFORE reformatting or you will lose everything.
Actually in this case it is DJI. It doesn't matter which file system your card is formatted to.

Try it for yourself, or a quick Google search will show you DJI limits the file size, there is no way around it.

DJI File Size

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure