DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 won't support DJI Goggles

I ordered a Mavic Air 2 this morning and then canceled after finding our it won't support the DJI Goggles.
Hopefully they decide to add that capability in the near future.
Yeah, that's a deal killer for me, as well. And that capability isn't coming. There is no sync button on the drone to connect it through Ocusync and no USB-A port for a wired connection. Given that and no compatibility with the Crystal Sky monitor really seals it. Anyway, would you really want a drone with a single IMU and compass?

The ocusync 2 on the MA2 should be able work with the goggles, you should be able to sync it via the goggles settings because it’s the same ocusync 2 which is on Mavic2 versions.

Reactions: sikspy
I ordered a Mavic Air 2 this morning and then canceled after finding our it won't support the DJI Goggles.
Hopefully they decide to add that capability in the near future.

Also worth noting that any sold in the Europe at the moment will not have the added feature of the new Air Sense.
But will in a while
So worth holding off for this feature in my opinion.

By no means am I doubting you heard that from DJI, goggles not working with Air2. I do think if we called 3 more times would COULD, get 3 different answers. Sometimes the DJI support doesn’t always seem to be up to speed with everything. I love DJI and I own almost everything the have made, but it is what it is. (None of this was meant with a negative tone)

Goggles compatibility is supposedly on the cards to happen with the Air 2 in a future update by the usual ocusync means.

Can't see why the Air 2 wouldn't work in some way with goggles.
I fly my Spark with a cable connection often.
You might not have all the features / menus, etc, but should be able to get vision.

This might be a lack of suitable output with the new controller though ?

Someone will find trial a method (if it is possible) and prep a YouTube tutorial / review soon no doubt.

Edit - I recall this thread recently, I wonder if another brand of goggles could be workable ?
These looked like good value and work with the Mini.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thats UNBELIEVABLE !!! And STUPID !!! Especially For Us That Fly FPV 90 Percent Of The Time ! Definite DEAL BREAKER !!!

Reactions: magman
I've emailed DJI to ask the question regarding the googles, if they won't support the googles wirelessly at some point I will cancel my pre order in the UK.

Why pre order in the first place if you dont even know if they'll support it?
Because with it supporting OcuSync I'm guessing like most people we assumed it would, and why would they not have it support the headset, it just doesn't make sense.

Ocusync is only one part of the story, the other is video codec. The goggles are designed for GO4 app compatibility, using the same codec as on the mobile device. As both Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2 are using the Fly app instead, which uses a totally different and 64 bit based codec which is incompatible to the GO4 codec, there is almost no chance to get goggles support ever. I doubt that the goggles hardware (both white and RE versions) will support 64 bit code at all.

Latest with release of a Mavic 3 DJI has a serious problem with their goggles, if the Mavic 3 will be based on the Fly app, too.

Seen from a product manager's view, goggles are actually a dessaster for DJI, as they offer three incompatible goggles now:

- The white goggles are 2.4GHz only and therefore support Ocusync 2 and Mavic 2 Pro only rudimentarily. They are incompatible to the Ocusync air unit as well as to the digital FPV air unit, as well as for Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2.

- The RE goggles are incompatible to the digital FPV air unit, as well as for Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2.

- The digital FPV goggles are incompatible to all other DJI products except for the FPV air unit.

So I guess, latest with the release of a Mavic 3 we will see new goggles, too, ideally looking similar to the FPV goggles but supporting all actual protocols and frequencies.

The simplest solution in the short term would be to add a VR option to their existing fly app, i.e. make it splitscreen so you can use it with every phone based VR headset out there. Of course the functionality would not be the same, but at least we would be able to fly fpv with the MA2. For my MA1 I am using the 4k Sony Xperia phone together with the Zeiss VR One plus goggles and the DroneVR app. It works pretty well!

Reactions: Hillmeister
Well I'm guessing we have been shafted by DJI to buy expensive goggles that they are still selling on their website and they have dropped support for going forward with new products...

So its cancel the Air 2 or sell my goggles, but the wife likes wearing them to see things even though its through USB on the original Air, and I'm not sure the Air 2 is worth me getting as I'll have no provision for her to view as she likes due to the fact I was going to sell my Air 1... Looks like it's just stick with what I have and see if getting something else is the way to go in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman