DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 Yagi-Uda Antenna Signal Booster Range Amplifier 5.8Ghz For DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone Remote Controller Signal Range Extender

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Anyone tried these yet ?
if so any improvement's ?

Waste of money it does NOT I repeat does NOT give you better reception around trees or buildings.
many thanks i was very sceptical until i watched this ...

Last edited:
many thanks i was very sceptical until i watched this ...
Thanks was looking for that. I have the parabolic and helps depending on what your situation is but where I fly I don’t use them.
Is funny started off with pie tins and split drink cans years ago with
P2V but you really have to aim them and havea steady hand.
They have came a long way.

Combining both styles together on the M2 works best, as Rick describes. For less than $25, you can get both and try them for yourself together. Unlike external antennas, they take up almost no room, and require no maintenance! To get the most benefit, you still need clear LOS at all times. They won't help penetrate buildings and thick trees. Nothing can!

He maybe a good dude but I'm telling you it does NOT work like it says. I tested this one for about 9 flights with trees around and it didn't make any difference. The company advertises this showing you a crashed drone and tells you this is what happens when you lose your signal.... 71GJgEhmSgL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

He maybe a good dude but I'm telling you it does NOT work like it says. I tested this one for about 9 flights with trees around and it didn't make any difference. The company advertises this showing you a crashed drone and tells you this is what happens when you lose your signal.... View attachment 114959
See above post #6.
"To get the most benefit, you still need clear LOS at all times. They won't help penetrate buildings and thick trees. Nothing can!"

See above post #6.
"To get the most benefit, you still need clear LOS at all times. They won't help penetrate buildings and thick trees. Nothing can!"
I already know it does NOT work around trees & buildings. as far as extending your range beyond 6 miles why would you even do that. For the MA2 it's a waste of money...

I already know it does NOT work around trees & buildings. as far as extending your range beyond 6 miles why would you even do that. For the MA2 it's a waste of money...
Your only experience is, "I tested this one for about 9 flights with trees around and it didn't make any difference." It is not designed for that purpose. If that was your only purpose in buying it, the $6 you spent was "wasted." ? It is not designed to extend the range beyond 6 miles, but to increase signal strength and stability at any distance, within clear LOS. It does that very well, despite your dissatisfaction with it.

Last edited:
Trees will knock easily 10's of dB's of RF signal. This thing as shown may give you a few dB's increase, which in a clear line of sight can extend the range a bit.

For the price of a good burger, and an easy slap on and slap off attachment, I don't see the fuss.

Edit- If your flight is blocked by trees and even if it is 200 yards, it is also not LOS and RF wise is both not ideal.

Trees will knock easily 10's of dB's of RF signal. This thing as shown may give you a few dB's increase, which in a clear line of sight can extend the range a bit.

For the price of a good burger, and an easy slap on and slap off attachment, I don't see the fuss.

Edit- If your flight is blocked by trees and even if it is 200 yards, it is also not LOS and RF wise is both not ideal.
Exactly! Thumbswayup

Reactions: ninja_geezer
I ordered one for my MA2. It should arrive today or tomorrow but -I'm already sold... I am an RF engineer. working in the 2.4/5Ghz frequency range for over 20 years, I already know the technology is solid and although it may be hard to notice with the human experience, the technology is tried and true. It may look like a gimmick but Yiga antennas have been used for years and do make a difference. Your brain may be trained to believe if it's not physically electrically connected, it can't work. Thats just not true.

in laymen's terms, It's like trying to watch digital TV with and without an outdoor antenna. If you're close to the transmission tower you won't see a difference but as you move away, there is a point at which your tv without an antenna will abruptly stop working. With an antenna the range will only increase. How much it will improve is subject to a lot of variables but focused antennas have been around for years.

The drone valley (somewhat accurate) test shows an almost 1 decibel improvement (keep in mind, decibels are logarithmic not linear, only 3DB is effectively doubling the power). Thats not going to increase the drone range another 20% or 30% but it will make an improvement (any improvement makes a difference when pushing your drone to its extreme, be it range or interference). I will take all the improvement I can get if it means decreasing the chance of a bad drone experience. At such a low price, it's a no brainer. Thank you Drone Valley for making this available to us at such a low price.

Keeping in mind, this is tuned to the 5Ghz frequency range only. if your controller is in the mode that allows it to select the 2.4 or 5Ghz frequencies, your experience may not be improved. Also, the spacing and size of the rods on this product hopefully are held to tight specifications for best performance.

I will follow up, once it's received with build quality and real world experience but if your looking at this with an expectation of a measurable range improvement, you're most likely setting your self up for disappointment. if your looking at this as setting things to the very best you can possibly make things with a retail snap-on product under $20, this may be that Secret Santa gift for you...

Last edited:
I was losing signal with clear LOS so ordered them from Rick...should arrive tomorrow, fingers crosssed

I ordered one for my MA2. It should arrive today or tomorrow but -I'm already sold... I am an RF engineer. working in the 2.4/5Ghz frequency range for over 20 years, I already know the technology is solid and although it may be hard to notice with the human experience, the technology is tried and true. It may look like a gimmick but Yiga antennas have been used for years and do make a difference. Your brain may be trained to believe if it's not physically electrically connected, it can't work. Thats just not true.

in laymen's terms, It's like trying to watch digital TV with and without an outdoor antenna. If you're close to the transmission tower you won't see a difference but as you move away, there is a point at which your tv without an antenna will abruptly stop working. With an antenna the range will only increase. How much it will improve is subject to a lot of variables but focused antennas have been around for years.

The drone valley (somewhat accurate) test shows an almost 1 decibel improvement (keep in mind, decibels are logarithmic not linear, only 3DB is effectively doubling the power). Thats not going to increase the drone range another 20% or 30% but it will make an improvement (any improvement makes a difference when pushing your drone to its extreme, be it range or interference). I will take all the improvement I can get if it means decreasing the chance of a bad drone experience. At such a low price, it's a no brainer. Thank you Drone Valley for making this available to us at such a low price.

Keeping in mind, this is tuned to the 5Ghz frequency range only. if your controller is in the mode that allows it to select the 2.4 or 5Ghz frequencies, your experience may not be improved. Also, the spacing and size of the rods on this product hopefully are held to tight specifications for best performance.

I will follow up, once it's received with build quality and real world experience but if your looking at this with an expectation of a measurable range improvement, you're most likely setting your self up for disappointment. if your looking at this as setting things to the very best you can possibly make things with a retail snap-on product under $20, this may be that Secret Santa gift for you...
Did it work?

Anyone tried these yet ?
if so any improvement's ?

Why bother? The stock antenna reach WAY farther than you have any business flying the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54