DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 zoom not working

KingCaden

Reactions
Hi, I can’t find my zoom features anywhere on my mavic air 2. It says all my firmware is up-to-date. I don’t see the 4K wide or 4K zoom anywhere. Would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I too thought there is a zoom function but have never used it. Must check it out. Thanks for raising.

I recall trying to use zoom; it is there, hard to find, and only available in certain modes. It also wasn't very useful. Never used it since.

Zoom on my Mavic Air 2 works fine. But you have to be in video mode and 4K30. Then touch the 4k icon at the lower right and then select 4kzoom from the popup. You also get zoom by selecting 2.7k or 1080. With 1080 you get 4x zoom and with then others you get 2x zoom.

Last edited:
The zoom is electronic based on narrowing the FOV of the 48M sensor. About 2x is what I recall seeing in flight. You can reduce the sensor area scanned and still achieve true 4k, but the benefits of pixel binning go away. Engineers could get some of that back in HD, but didn't do that, instead opting for 4x. Most just opt to crop in post rather than cropping in flight. You get more effective choices for the viewport.

Capture.JPG

CaseyK.....My Mavic Air 2 is also up to date with RC Firmware update Ver.04.11.0034
Aircraft Firmware Ver. 01.01.920 The Fly App Ver. 1.5.10

If you have a Mavic Air 2 that will Zoom 4x in Video Mode or Any X Zoom function
kindly reply with your Versions so that I can Compare them against the Versions that I currently use.
Thank you for your need back.......Ron

Reactions: KansasSkies21
I'm sorry I misspoke . I just came in from a short test and couldn't find zoom. I used to be able to tap the bottom right corner and toggle between pro - auto - zoom. I could zoom with the wheel on the right. I was using Fly
1.5.9, which wasn't available very long, and changed to 1.6.9 just a week ago. I should have left it alone. Again, sorry Ron.

Last edited:
CaseyK.....My Mavic Air 2 is also up to date with RC Firmware update Ver.04.11.0034
Aircraft Firmware Ver. 01.01.920 The Fly App Ver. 1.5.10

If you have a Mavic Air 2 that will Zoom 4x in Video Mode or Any X Zoom function
kindly reply with your Versions so that I can Compare them against the Versions that I currently use.
Thank you for your need back.......Ron
I went back out and found the answer. Set camera on video mode. You should see information on the screen (low right) tap on the resolution and frame rate numbers. A small window should open with options (4K wide and 4K zoom). I lost my 4 times zoom. It is only 2 times zoom now. Hope you find it.

I too thought there is a zoom function but have never used it. Must check it out. Thanks for raising.
Please Report back with a Reply with your Controller Software Version and your Fly App Version
if you in fact have 4K Zoom or Any Zoom feature in VIDEO MODE not in Photo Mode.
And we are Talking about the MAVIC AIR 2 Not the 2S model. Thank you hope to hear back
from you soon as to what you find. Ron

I went back out and found the answer. Set camera on video mode. You should see information on the screen (low right) tap on the resolution and frame rate numbers. A small window should open with options (4K wide and 4K zoom). I lost my 4 times zoom. It is only 2 times zoom now. Hope you find it.
Yes.....I found the 2K Video down at the bottom of the Screen. Tap on Auto and down at the bottom
it shows 4k zoom and the Frames per Second 30 I believe. Why would DJI spend that much time Hiding
a very nice Feature at the bottom of a Screen, instead of putting it as an Option on the Film Strip Option?

Reactions: twickers14
Please Report back with a Reply with your Controller Software Version and your Fly App Version
if you in fact have 4K Zoom or Any Zoom feature in VIDEO MODE not in Photo Mode.
And we are Talking about the MAVIC AIR 2 Not the 2S model. Thank you hope to hear back
from you soon as to what you find. Ron
Will do when I get out again.

Try pressing down on the Fn button on the upper left of the controller and then move the gimbal control. That causes the camera to zoom in and out on my Air 2.
Nanny .....can you please tell me your Versions of Software,,,,,, The Aircraft Version ? your Remote Controller Software Version and the Version of your Fly App. Because my Mavic Air 2 is fully up to date, and the Fn button and the Gimble wheel on the upper Left of the Grey Controller does nothing with Zooming during Video Mode.
Some folks say they have the Zoom feature during Video and others have nothing, so I think its related to the various
DJI Mavic Software Versions people are using. .....Thank you for replying.....Ron

Nanny .....can you please tell me your Versions of Software,,,,,, The Aircraft Version ? your Remote Controller Software Version and the Version of your Fly App. Because my Mavic Air 2 is fully up to date, and the Fn button and the Gimble wheel on the upper Left of the Grey Controller does nothing with Zooming during Video Mode.
Some folks say they have the Zoom feature during Video and others have nothing, so I think its related to the various
DJI Mavic Software Versions people are using. .....Thank you for replying.....Ron
It only works with video, not photo. And it doesn't work with 4k HDR. In 1080 you can get 4x, in 2.7 you can get 2x and in 4k Zoom you'll get 2x. I'm using the latest DJI Fly and Mavic Air 2 firmware.

I recall trying to use zoom; it is there, hard to find, and only available in certain modes. It also wasn't very useful. Never used it since.
I've found it to be be very useful. Sure, it's electronic versus a mechanical zoom, but I like that it's there as opposed to having no zoom at all.
It can often make the difference as to whether i will decide to turn around, descend, and take a closer look.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU