DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2s "AE lock" and "Spot meter" in iOS app ver 1.4.12

trwalp

Reactions
When I tap on the screen in Video > Auto mode the following indicator appears. Is this the "Spot Meter"?

Mavic air 2s exp icon.PNG

Swiping up/down on the "sun" icon adjusts the EV. Tapping on in the square repeatedly dims or brightens the icon (it'll dim on its own after a second anyway), but dim vs bright changes nothing. The only way I have found to enable AE Lock and see the lock icon inside the above indicator is to assign the customizable button (Fn) to toggle AE Lock, and use Fn.

Am I missing or overlooking something?

I would think there are many on this forum that could help you. I’ve got an Air2 and my icon looks more like a teardrop. My exposure lock is a double tap on my fn button and that seems to work out well, but I still would prefer the old style exposure lock as there are other things I could use the double tap for. I hope you get some answers.

It’s auto focus. Tap something dark, it will brighten up, tap something light and it will dim - part of the auto focus. If you manual focus, you won’t get the auto adjust when you tap to focus.

DJI refers to a "spot meter" feature but its documentation needs updating and clarification (I think the indicator has changed over time). I get the impression that the AE Lock feature has changed over time, too, so its documentation needs updating. In my post I am asking how to find and use these features with the current Fly app and firmware.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7