DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2s POI works while QuickShot Circle fails

trwalp

Reactions
I wanted to compare Point of Interest with the QuickShots Circle, partly because I wondered if there's any benefit to using the latter (it entails more steps).

Here's a sped-up clip using the POI feature. To create it, I dragged out a selection rectangle around the structure and tapped Go.

And here's what I got when using QuickShots Circle (also sped-up). You'll see that the camera soon loses track of the subject and goes haywire.

I tried the QuickShots Circle several times, even at different distances from the structure, and got the same screwy result every time.

The difference between executing the two shots was when setting up the POI shot I was able to select some of the surrounding land and the structure, and the selection remained in effect, whereas when I selected the same area in the QuickShot it automatically cropped the selection.

It seems to me that shooting a building with Quickshot Circle is a fairly elementary use of the feature, especially given the contrast between the structure and the land around it, yet it's a flop in my case.

Any suggestions?

I've never had trouble with the quickshot..... I'd give it a couple more chances.

Have you tried with other structure? As I see by the image, after you select the structure, the drone recognizes it as a car for some reason, probably the shape and that's why it fails, it expects to see the front of a car and doesn't, maybe it looks for lights or windows, don't really know how it determines if it's a car or not, but that's a possibility.

Have you tried with other structure? As I see by the image, after you select the structure, the drone recognizes it as a car for some reason, probably the shape and that's why it fails, it expects to see the front of a car and doesn't, maybe it looks for lights or windows, don't really know how it determines if it's a car or not, but that's a possibility.
Great observation! Perhaps Subject Scanning does more than put X targets on likely subjects. I'll disable that feature and see if the software still misinterprets a long but obvious building as a car.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada