DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air AEB problem

bmoore1118

Reactions
I was out tonight shooting a sunset. I was shooting raw and auto. I wanted to get an her photo so I selected the AEB mode and 7 shots. When I got home and looked at the photos they were all at the same exposure. I though that was weird so I turned it on and took some AEB photos at home both in manual and auto they worked fine.

I also shot an hdr photo mode while out and that shot all three exposures just fine. Any ideas?

I was out tonight shooting a sunset. I was shooting raw and auto. I wanted to get an her photo so I selected the AEB mode and 7 shots. When I got home and looked at the photos they were all at the same exposure. I though that was weird so I turned it on and took some AEB photos at home both in manual and auto they worked fine.

I also shot an hdr photo mode while out and that shot all three exposures just fine. Any ideas?

Was it actually the same exposure per the metadata or is it just that the increment is so small between them that it seems like they are all the same exposure?

I know there was a know bug about this recently. I don’t know if it addressed but are you using the latest DJI Go 4? I think I remember it applied to a 7 shot AEB so try the 3 AEB
I tried 3 at my house and it works fine. Must be the 7 bug

Reactions: brett8883
I thought the AEB options were only 3 and 5 images? I remember once seeing more then 5 and thought “Great: a firmware update” only to find I had selected multiple images rather than AEB

Reactions: Amarand
I thought the AEB options were only 3 and 5 images? I remember once seeing more then 5 and thought “Great: a firmware update” only to find I had selected multiple images rather than AEB
Its weird when it asks me how many shots to take about 25% of the time I see 3,5 and 7. The other time i just see 3,5. When I did do the 7 it did take 7 shots though.

Its weird when it asks me how many shots to take about 25% of the time I see 3,5 and 7. The other time i just see 3,5. When I did do the 7 it did take 7 shots though.
Thatst not a bug mate. You accidentally select Burst mode instead of AEB. I did the same and ruined some shots just past month.
Burst mode (which has options for 3,5 and 7) is just right above the AEB option,so its easy to confuse between the two. ;) Just make sure next time you select the proper mode ;)

p.s. burst mode on mavic air is names "Multiple" hence why it can be confusing.

photomodesgif.gif

Reactions: Amarand and CJG
Thatst not a bug mate. You accidentally select Burst mode instead of AEB. I did the same and ruined some shots just past month.
Burst mode (which has options for 3,5 and 7) is just right above the AEB option,so its easy to confuse between the two. ;) Just make sure next time you select the proper mode ;)

p.s. burst mode on mavic air is names "Multiple" hence why it can be confusing.

photomodesgif.gif
Sounds about right to me!

Reactions: Amarand
Sounds about right to me!

I agree. It's 3/5/7 for Burst, and 3/5 for AEB.

The difference between Burst and AEB is that Burst shoots images in succession at the same exposure value (EV), whereas AEB is Automatic Exposure Bracketing, so you get 3/5 shots bracketing the center exposure. You can technically raise the center EV up and down, which makes for a brighter or darker bracket.

I've used Burst with birds that are getting ready to fly off. As soon as they take off, I press the button, and I get a shot of them flying away with multiple exposures.

This one was done with AEB, so you can not only see through the bird, but it goes from light to dark.

One thing that I do is, I take the props off the aircraft, point it at something semi-interesting and/or moving, and do tests on the ground first. That way you can get used to the controls and build the muscle memory for switching between modes while you're flying.

Your number one (legal) responsibility as RPIC is to focus on flying the aircraft, so reducing the brain cycles dedicated to taking pictures is a Good Thing.

I agree. It's 3/5/7 for Burst, and 3/5 for AEB.

The difference between Burst and AEB is that Burst shoots images in succession at the same exposure value (EV), whereas AEB is Automatic Exposure Bracketing, so you get 3/5 shots bracketing the center exposure. You can technically raise the center EV up and down, which makes for a brighter or darker bracket.

Oh, and I should be clear, "in succession" means in RAPID succession. These images are written to the on-board memory very quickly. When you're waiting for the next burst (the spinning circle), that's the drone offloading the images to your SD card. It does not take a picture, offload the picture, then take the next picture.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78