DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic air charger to charge mavic mini’s onboard battery .

kianito

Reactions
I know this may sound a bit silly, But can one use a mavic air charger to more quickly charge
the battery on board my mavic mini?

Thanks k

Last edited:
no it is the wrong voltage its for a 3 cell battery

Phew thanks!
It seems to take a long time to charge the onboard battery on the mavic mini . What’s the best way and hardware to fast charge the onboard battery on mavic mini ?
Cheers
K

you can buy the 18w charger from dji its the one that comes with the flymore combo and if you had more batteries there is a battery case that holds 3 batteries and charges them one after the other and doubles as a power bank as well

you can buy the 18w charger from dji its the one that comes with the flymore combo and if you had more batteries there is a battery case that holds 3 batteries and charges them one after the other and doubles as a power bank as well
This is one of the coolest accessories I have for any of my drones-definitely worth getting.

Thanks Guys!
So I can use my 18w iPhone 11 Pro fast charger, with usb-c to micro usb cable convertor to fast charge the on board mavic mini battery, Until I get the dedicated hub?
Ps what difference in charge time will this make ?
Thanks
k

Thanks Guys!
So I can use my 18w iPhone 11 Pro fast charger, with usb-c to micro usb cable convertor to fast charge the on board mavic mini battery, Until I get the dedicated hub?
Ps what difference in charge time will this make ?
Thanks
k
yes but just make sure you use the cable that came with the MM

Thanks you!
The only charging cable with MM
is a normal usb to micro usb. The iPhone fast charger is usb c to lightning .
So do u need to buy a usb c to micro usb so I can use Apple fast charger ?
Thanks
K

Thanks you!
The only charging cable with MM
is a normal usb to micro usb. The iPhone fast charger is usb c to lightning .
So do u need to buy a usb c to micro usb so I can use Apple fast charger ?
Thanks
K
you need a cable to carry the higher load if you just use a normal USB to micro usb you wont get the benefit of the higher output i believe,does your iphone charger have a removable cable ,if so just remove that one and use the cable that came with your MM, the combo comes with two cables for the fast charger and they are thicker than a standard USB to micro USB cable

The charging pack that comes with the Combo is a versatile accessory; charging, storage, size. Today I charged the pack (one battery with 2 lights flashing) to test my portable charging unit. I saw no appreciable difference in charge time, which boosted my confidence for when I take it to the field. Enjoy your flying.

I guess I can just get a usb c to micro usb cable -and then I can charge MM using the Apple fast charger ..?
Cheers
K
I don't think the C charger will work for rapid charge. C standard for rapid charge is different than QC for regular USB. As a matter of fact, it puts out as much as 20V in rapid mode so it could possibly damage the MM. MM negotiates 12v with a compatible charger.
Get a QC charger that is QC 3.0 compatible.

I have a ravpower charger that has QC 3.0 and iSmart outputs, another brand just like it but slightly different wattage, and a ravpower power bank with QC compatible micro USB charge input, USB C in/out with 3A out (I don't think that one is QC compatible), USB A QC compatible out, and USB A iSmart out.

I also have the charger that came with my HTC 10 that is QC compatible, though my Samsung Tab A won't go rapid charge with it, and the charger that came with the Tab with which th
my HTC will go rapid charge.

I haven't tested any of them with MM.

The charging pack that comes with the Combo is a versatile accessory; charging, storage, size. Today I charged the pack (one battery with 2 lights flashing) to test my portable charging unit. I saw no appreciable difference in charge time, which boosted my confidence for when I take it to the field. Enjoy your flying.
You'll notice a difference in speed of the LED flashes if it's not in rapid charge mode.

According to my HTC, the MM power bank does not output rapid charge when using as a power bank. It does seem to pass through QC charge when connected to the MM included charger though.

The MM only kit was originally supposed to come with a charger. DJI did a huge disservice not including it since rapid charging is a factor. The AC will accept rapid charge. I tested it. Definitely difference in blink rate.

You'll still need a charger as I'm pretty sure the hub itself doesn't come with one, and it's really the charger you're concerned about.

You might instead want to get the combo, then sell the inactived/unused AC, RC and one of the batteries. You might even be able to get the full $399 for that.

Reactions: old man mavic
Mmm never thought of that.
Sounds like a plan as I get 10 % off drones ordering with Apple UK .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998