DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air connection problems

I'll be honest, doesn't tend to matter what order I use to power things up, Go4 launches as soon as I plug in the USB cable to any of my devices, and after a second or two the Go Flyu appears, why I think may be a dodgy cable somewhere to be honest.

Used it with S8+, S10+, Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus, Samsung Tab and iPad without issues.

I ran into this issue and it turned out the port on the phone I was using at the time was very sensitive to the cable being in just right. Basically the port on the phone was not so good.

Good to know, I had this issue with my Air the other day, could not get it to link for some reason. Tried again later and it worked fine, but the micro USB port on my tablet is a little loose, so that could very well have been the cause. It's only done it once, but was pretty frustrating.

I actually ordered a USB A to USB A cable yesterday as the tablet has a full size USB port. Hopefully that works (I see no reason it won't) as the full size is much more robust than the micro.

I have definitely heard of people having more issues with Android based devices than iOS. I've used two different iPads and my iPhone with zero issues connecting my devices, the drone, and remote, no matter what order I start them in. My friend has also has used two different phones, he upgraded, and he's never had any issues.

I know that doesn't really help you but I thought I put that out there if maybe you have access to an iOS device to see if you still have the same issue. That could trouble shoot if it is in fact a cable issue or Android

I gave up on my tablet and went back to the phone that fires up no problem just hate the 5" screen was nice using the tablet I could see everything . I 'm still looking for an ipad 4 cheap

Oh there is one thing that caught me once before, make sure USB debugging isn't enabled on the android device, some versions of android cause issues if it is (hidden in developer options)

I gave up on my tablet and went back to the phone that fires up no problem just hate the 5" screen was nice using the tablet I could see everything . I 'm still looking for an ipad 4 cheap
It is much nicer using a tablet. You can get on Amazon or possibly check out a Game Stop and pick up an older iPad mini for maybe $150 or so. Check on Facebook marketplace also.

Oh there is one thing that caught me once before, make sure USB debugging isn't enabled on the android device, some versions of android cause issues if it is (hidden in developer options)
were do I find developer options? Im looking cant find it

Im looking for something under 200 Im poor LOL
You shouldn't have any problems man. I just jumped on ebay and found a 32gb one in 2 seconds for $160 so you should be just fine. ebay is a good place, again facebook marketplace, and Amazon. If you look long enough instead of just jumping on the first one you might even be able to fine one offering a warranty for under $200 still. .... Though, now that I think about it; if $200 is your budget, you might want to go iPad Air 2. I'm actually thinking about upgrading from my Mini 2, bigger screen.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have any problems man. I just jumped on ebay and found a 32gb one in 2 seconds for $160 so you should be just fine. ebay is a good place, again facebook marketplace, and Amazon. If you look long enough instead of just jumping on the first one you might even be able to fine one offering a warranty for under $200 still. .... Though, now that I think about it; if $200 is your budget, you might want to go iPad Air 2. I'm actually thinking about upgrading from my Mini 2, bigger screen.
I want screen size to fit the RC arms I think an Air is to big

Make sure that's not enabled, if it's not then I'm not sure, sorryScreenshot_20190315-151048_Settings.jpeg

I have that same issue, it will slowly, but surely make you crazy. Same thing here, usually wind up shutting every down and re-powering up. Let me know if you find the solution. I just figured it was by crap galaxy phone really. I have always heard the iOs system works better

How strange, to be honest the only problems I've ever had are with iOS devices, no GPS on the tabs, unable to download offline maps etc etc.

Why I just stick to using either the lenovo or the s10+ nowadays.

But hey whatever works for you I say [emoji4]

I would always recommend checking compatibility of the device (phone-tablet) to the DJI software before buying, cause DJI drones are not cheap. Asus is not listed by DJI as a compatible device: DJI Mavic Air – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI.
I had similar problems with both Spark and Mavic Air using a Samsung phone. I switched to Huwawei Mate, I had one I wasn’t using, and use iPad Mini 4 now.
You could try a good quality data cable to tether the RC to the phone as all USB cables may not be able to transfer data efficiently. But what you described seems to be DJI-Asus software incompatibility rather than anything else.
Having said that, I am sure you will find a fix for the problem you have with a little help on forums like this or YouTube tutorials which I have found very helpful resource.

I have that same issue, it will slowly, but surely make you crazy. Same thing here, usually wind up shutting every down and re-powering up. Let me know if you find the solution. I just figured it was by crap galaxy phone really. I have always heard the iOs system works better
Another cable works for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22