DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Cooling fan making Horrible Noise?

madscientistx

Reactions
I am pretty sure this noise is NOT normal, I would really appreciate some feedback from other Mavic Air owner's Thank You.

Video of the issue =

Last edited:
Not normal. I'm not going to guess what's exactly going on with it because it can be just a bearing. Or the fan itself rubbing... if it's the fan rubbing maybe you can get it to spin without interference. If it's the bearing, well that may be a fan replacement issue. Any hoot.... theres an issue there... if its warranty is still active, contact DJI..if not, see what's involved swapping the parts....something you may be able to do....dont take a chance flying though...

Hi My friend it pretty much sounds like you have a bearing gone in the fan, you could try as a last hope to give it a little lubrication if you can get to it.

I think it's better to change out the part with a sound like that.... be careful using lubrication inside the chassis, if a drop gets on the board and its conductive....Zap....

I purchased the Mavic air 9-27-19 so it is 100% under warranty I just dread sending it back to DJI and maybe getting back who knows what in return its a Brand New drone flown 3 times, and has had this noise since day 1 , but I decided to not fly it anymore and research this because I work on laptops/Computers and I know a bad fan when I hear it, however on a drone I have no idea, but I knew it sounded really abnormal to me. Thank you for input, I will either contact DJI or replace the fan myself as I can get a fan for like $20, and am pretty good at working on small electronics already.

Also the fan does NOT make any noise when spinning at normal speed only when it RAMPS up does this sound happen. I think it is a bad bearing in the fan, and its a factory defect on this particular drone. Just my luck haha

Also the fan does NOT make any noise when spinning at normal speed only when it RAMPS up does this sound happen. I think it is a bad bearing in the fan, and its a factory defect on this particular drone. Just my luck haha
I totally agree with you. Let DJI KNOW it's less than a month with several flights and when it revs up it sounds like it's going to explode by the sound of the noise. Ask them for a NEW replacement. Demand a knew replacement if they mention the word Refurb. You should get a new unit anyway under your situation....good luck...

Will do, it has gotten really cold here so i've not had a chance to get it in the air just yet, however the turn around on it was pretty quick. I started it up and let the fan ramp up, that is fixed I just have to fly it and make sure all the rest is in order.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato