DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Crashed. Curious as to what occurred.

Exactly. I was just curious how that translates to "don't use with android".

The problem with the drone revolved around the IMUs and had nothing to do with the device used. MFI certification doesn't equate to "iOS only." I don't know where that idea came from, to be honest.

Reactions: dannybgoode
You might have touched the control stick by accident. I get nervous sometimes and do that. I also notice that your system is Android - not good for these drones. Should be Apple only, as manufacturer suggests...
Odd, the DJI manufactured Smart Controller is Android...?

Reactions: Siananat
That “Made for Apple” statement on the box is only a logo Apple uses to tell you it will work using MacOS.
DJI uses an Android variant because Android OS is an open source system allowing them to modify it as needed. MacOS is a closed system.

Reactions: dtp and Siananat
So Crystalsky is iOS then?

No. MFI just tells Apple customers that their devices CAN work without issues. Doesn't mean they have to use it. DJI Crystal Sky runs on Android. Joe thought that the MFI certification meant that iOS devices were preferred by the manufacturer. (As the wording is unclear due to the label saying Made FOR <iOS device>.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Can anyone help me interpret this data?
My Mavic 2 Pro after the firmware update v.01.00.0510 crashed on the ground and then immediately get up again to around 3 meters.

The drone seems to be ok, but what a fear ...
What happened ?

Many thanks Vittorio

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-09-28_[13-05-56].txt
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
In the attached image, the error that gave me a few seconds before the impact

Attachments

• Error message.jpg
    Error message.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 26
Can anyone help me interpret this data?
My Mavic 2 Pro after the firmware update v.01.00.0510 crashed on the ground and then immediately get up again to around 3 meters.

The drone seems to be ok, but what a fear ...
What happened ?

Many thanks Vittorio

Unfortunately there isn't much indication of that event in the txt log, so it's difficult to say what happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661