DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air DJI Go 4 - Remote Controller Connection Error

burnsie50

Reactions
Hi I am very new to this, and I am having problems using the DJI Go 4 App with my Mavic Air
AC Firmware - 01.00.0500
RC Firmware - 01.00.0200
App Version is 4.3.12

Sometimes when I start the app it tells me I need a Firmware Update. That never gets past 5% using the app. Other times the app will tell me that I am using the latest version.

I updated the Drone using the DJI Assistant program on my PC. When I plug the RC into the computer, it makes the tone recognizing a USB device has been plugged in, but then the tone that it has been disconnected. This continues on a loop and the DJI Assistant program never recognizes that the RC has been connected.

When I fly the drone, I never get more than 5 minutes before the error appears on the app screen. I am still able to use the RC to fly the drone back to me. but have no control over the app or the camera.

I have used a different cable to try to connect the RC to the computer. I have also used the USB A 2.0 connection on the Remote to connect to my smart phone. Same error every time. I am using an LG G7 with Android 8.0.0. I contacted DJI Support. They weren't much help. He provided a link to the video on how to link the RC to the Drone. I am not having trouble there. I use the button method, rather than the app to connect to the Mavic. The DJI Support suggested I mail back the RC, but that doesn't seem right to me. It's a week old. I would have to pay to ship it China, and be without my drone in the meantime??

I have read some of these forums and they suggest the cable that comes with the Drone is no good. I have tried connecting two ways with the same result.

I appreciate any help , this is very frustrating.
Thanks
Burns

Confusing...might try a different phone.

If you are in the USA, why would you need to ship the controller to China?

Hi, I am in Canada, and I bought the Drone direct from DJI. I just assumed that I would have to ship to China.

I am curious that you mention a different phone. When I plug the controller into my phone, I get the 'usb" icon in the notifications panel at the top asking me if I want to use the usb connection for power, file transfer, photo transfer, etc. Do you have any experience that might suggest this is a problem?

I updated the Drone using the DJI Assistant program on my PC. When I plug the RC into the computer, it makes the tone recognizing a USB device has been plugged in, but then the tone that it has been disconnected. This continues on a loop and the DJI Assistant program never recognizes that the RC has been connected.
This part of your problem is caused by the fact that DJI provides USB drivers with DJI Assistant 2 that aren't "digitally signed" by Microsoft. This results in the USB drivers not being installed until you jump through some extra hoops. There are two YouTube videos that describe two different methods for getting around this.

The method requires you to first install the DJI Flight Simulator software; the USB driver installer is included in the download.

Making Mavic Air RC work EASILY with DJI Simulator & DJI Assistant 2 - NEW version

Hope this helps!

Larry

Reactions: Jackcutrone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas