DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air fixed very quickly

ebrandon

Reactions
Just in the interest of getting accurate information out there...

Last Monday I dropped my Mavic Air. It was off, it just fell three feet from my open bag onto the ground.
Next time I tried to fly it I had multiple errors (IMU, accelerometer, gimbal) and trying resets & calibrations didn't work.

So on Monday afternoon I created a repair ticket on DJI's website, and sent them the drone via UPS.
UPS Delivered it to them on Wednesday.
On Thursday they diagnosed the problem and sent me a repair authorization request. I paid, and by the end of day Thursday the drone was repaired.
Today, Friday morning, the drone is with UPS on its way back to me.

Based on all the "horror stories" I had heard about DJI's support service, I was expecting it would take 4-8 weeks to get my drone back. Instead DJI received it, diagnosed it, repaired it, and shipped it back to me in 3 days!

I am glad to hear that you are back in the air but most likely it is not the same drone. I bet you they swapped it out, especially if it was under their care plan.

This is the way they do business, which I detest.

Last edited:
If you reg with the faa you have to give serial number so I don’t think they would swap it out

Reactions: Jdyowa
I agree it could be just swapped out with as refubished unit for such a fast turn around.

Does the op have an idea of the repairs that were required, maybe they just did a factory IMU and compass calibration, tested the AC and sent it back

I think it's too early for refurbished units just yet ...he probably got a brand new one... lucky him

OP Here. Here's my repair work order. UPS will deliver the drone on Tuesday, and I'll let you know if I get back a fixed one, a refurb, or a new one.

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 1.17.31 AM.png

Why would you be charged for the repair, would not the Air be covered by warrant, can’t be more than a few weeks old?

I just registered mine with USA faa and had to give serial number
Let us know what you get Very interesting

You shouldn’t have posted or told them you dropped it should have said you were flying it lost signal and it fell
Maybe that’s why you’re getting charged
Just a thought

Wanted to give everyone an update. I got the Mavic Air back, and sure enough it was swapped out with a brand new drone that works great.

Maybe they felt sorry for me? Perhaps the first Mavic Air pilot to break his new drone!

Reactions: turbodronepilot
We’re you charged
Yes, I was charged for a repair. But they swapped out the drone.
I don't have DJI care or whatever they call it.

One theory is that because this drone is so new they don't have all the parts, or service manuals, or training, or testing equipment that they'll need to fix them. So they just swapped it out.

Reactions: M.K.Frenky
Ebrandon, mind asking your issue again? Your defective caused by you or from factory?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlipPak