DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Floatation Device?

NoblenNutria

Reactions
I fly my mavic air over water all the time because the shots are beautiful. That means it is only a matter of time before I crash in water. I have DJI Care, but it only works if I can retrieve the drone. If it sinks I loose 1000 dollars. Are there floaties which I can attach to my mavic air when I am flying over water?

Thanks

-Jacob

Yes, I am actually making some custom ones as we speak. Might be ready in a couple of weeks. Trying to get to that project while I repair customers drones, make a custom project stretched drone, and finish the design to a crash resistant Mavic. All in a days work.

I fly my mavic air over water all the time because the shots are beautiful. That means it is only a matter of time before I crash in water.
Why would you think that?
Do you think the same when you fly over land?
I think it's safer flying over water since there's no interference and no obstacles to hit.
I have DJI Care, but it only works if I can retrieve the drone. If it sinks I loose 1000 dollars. Are there floaties which I can attach to my mavic air when I am flying over water?
Here are some points to consider if you are wanting to go that way.
Gear to use when flying M2 over water?

I am going to try out the mavic air floaty ball pontoons. I think this is the best choice. I can take off and land on water.

Saw a funny video where a guy was demonstrating how great and stable the floaty balls were on his Air. Flipped his drone in the pool:

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven