DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air FW Update v01.00.0300

After I updated, my MA is very shaky when hovering and the noise is so much louder than before. I'm worried.

Do a IMU and compass calibration to see if that improves things

Are you hovering inside at night, because that will cause some stability issues, the MA VPS system needs bright light and a strong floor pattern to maintain position, also inside you are not getting a gps signal which is also used for stability

It feels like mine is much more stable after the update. Before the AC and gimble would drift. It actually felt like it was starting to get worse until the update. Now it doesn’t move an inch unless I shift the controls- I’m very happy about it. Also sounded quieter but that’s probably just me getting used to the noise.

Do a IMU and compass calibration to see if that improves things

Are you hovering inside at night, because that will cause some stability issues, the MA VPS system needs bright light and a strong floor pattern to maintain position, also inside you are not getting a gps signal which is also used for stability
No I was hovering and flying in a soccer field. No interference and under bright sunlight. I will try to do a IMU and compass calibration and see how it goes. Although last checked both shown "normal" state.

It's almost like the position precision has been increased where it is trying to maintain a direct position while hovering. It's like it is getting a great deal of input instructions. This is causing it to appear to be less stable and the motors to sound louder. It definitely looks like it is more sensitive to its input while in auto hover. It does not look like a fault per se just more sensitive.

After the FW update I also did a reset inside DJI Go on the sensitivies and recalibrated the controller which seemed to reduce the jitter a bit.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot