DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air FW Update v01.00.0300

Are you turning on the AC when you are connecting to Dji Assistant 2.?

If you have, then it’s a problem with drivers, to fix that I uninstalled the latest version and installed an older version of Dji Assistant 2 to install the relevant drivers. This version is 1.0.7

Dropbox - DJI+Assistant+2+1.0.7.exe

Then I reinstalled the latest version again

Cheers
I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I get home, if that doesn't work I'll take it back to the store for replacement.

Just remember to perform the update with every single battery, Otherwise it will prompt you with the Inconsistent Firmware Found message.
Wait, WHAT???!!! I guess I'm a newbie to this and it explains a lot. So, if it takes 30 minutes to update firmware, I have to re-do this same update for EVERY battery I have? That's crazy! Please tell me it isn't so... That's like a lot of batteries to go through for every update. :-( I have 3 batteries.

Once you have done the main update then each battery only takes a few minutes to do its part off the new firmware update.

Reactions: vinhidalgo
Yes, I think it takes only 3-5 minutes to update just the batteries because main aircraft FW is already updated.

I haven't been able to update. It always gives me an error saying aircraft disconnected? Anybody else having this issue?

I get the same msg when trying to use the app on my desktop. Always have to do updates thru the phone app.

Wait, WHAT???!!! I guess I'm a newbie to this and it explains a lot. So, if it takes 30 minutes to update firmware, I have to re-do this same update for EVERY battery I have? That's crazy! Please tell me it isn't so... That's like a lot of batteries to go through for every update. :-( I have 3 batteries.
Dont panic the battery update is quick, it does not actually download the entire FW update for the aircraft each time.

Last edited:
Reactions: highcastle
I am new to Mavic, so there is memory in the battery that needs updated also. How long does it take to update 1 battery?

Yeah, the batteries don't take long at all. When you do the main body firmware update, it will automatically update the battery that is in use. After that is all done, you shut it down, swap batteries and then you'll get the "inconsistent firmware message" with the replaced battery. That's when you update the new battery and it only takes a few minutes. Repeat if you have more batteries and you are good to go.

Everything went smoothly for me, flew four batteries this weekend with no issues. I was caught off guard that a bunch of my settings got reset in the app after update. I guess that's expected and I was aware as I set the settings I could remember before my first flight, but forgot to turn off landing protection which made for an angry Mavic Air when I went to catch land it.

Everything went smoothly for me, flew four batteries this weekend with no issues. I was caught off guard that a bunch of my settings got reset in the app after update. I guess that's expected and I was aware as I set the settings I could remember before my first flight, but forgot to turn off landing protection which made for an angry Mavic Air when I went to catch land it.

You shouldn't need to turn off landing protection to hand-catch your Air. I have that setting turned on and still hand-catch mine frequently... just keep holding down the left stick and it'll still land in your hand.

You shouldn't need to turn off landing protection to hand-catch your Air. I have that setting turned on and still hand-catch mine frequently... just keep holding down the left stick and it'll still land in your hand.

Oh you can catch without it, but it'll pull up when you put out your hand and motors resist pretty hard till they shut down. With it off, it doesn't pull away and motors shut off right away. I always catch so I don't need landing protection anyways.

You don't need to hold the stick down, just hover mavic walk up and grab it by the center. Then quickly force it to barrel roll to one side, it'll turn off at 90°

You don't need to hold the stick down, just hover mavic walk up and grab it by the center. Then quickly force it to barrel roll to one side, it'll turn off at 90°

I’m aware of that method, but I choose not to do it that way. My personal experience and opinion is that it’s safer and easier on the aircraft to have it gently land it my hand, which is does every time. But obviously this has been debated extensively.

No issues with this update. Did the MA and 5 batteries in total. I flew 3 packs with no issues....

Reactions: AAPhoto
After I updated, I have noticed some drifting. Mostly up and down. Climb to 20 feet, it’ll drift up another 2-3 or back down. Any altitude will cause it to drift.

After I updated, my MA is very shaky when hovering and the noise is so much louder than before. I'm worried.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli