DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Gimbal drift?

G

guest281

I’ve purchased a Mavic Air (sold my Spark). I am not sure if this is a problem or normal, but here goes . . . My gimbal seems to drift downward during flight. I’ve noticed on the screen of DJI4 app that there is a darker area on the gimbal gauge near the top. As I’m flying I sometimes move the gimbal all the way up to the top, but it always finds its way back down to just below the dark area. Is this normal for a 3 axis gimbal? Or does it appear I have a faulty MA?

Of course, I’ve calibrated the compass, IMU, and gimbal. And updated the firmware. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Please wait for any updates. Dji fixes all there issues after a release so also this problem will be fixed. Please check regularly for any updates. This will help flying with no problems!

I’ve purchased a Mavic Air (sold my Spark). I am not sure if this is a problem or normal, but here goes . . . My gimbal seems to drift downward during flight. I’ve noticed on the screen of DJI4 app that there is a darker area on the gimbal gauge near the top. As I’m flying I sometimes move the gimbal all the way up to the top, but it always finds its way back down to just below the dark area. Is this normal for a 3 axis gimbal? Or does it appear I have a faulty MA?

Of course, I’ve calibrated the compass, IMU, and gimbal. And updated the firmware. Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
Any chance you are accidentally hitting the gimbal wheel on your remote?

I experienced the same problem, but I thought that it was me unintentionally pulling it down with my finger.

Also I noticed that when I'm in the sports mode camera will go completely down.

Now for the record this only happened to me this week, so I assume that it is one of the updates that messed things. Hopefully they will fix it soon!

Its normal the angle of the aircraft will tilt to 35° so the gimbal can not look all the way up. Besides when filming u should be using the 1/3 rds rule when doing aerial photog my mav pro did this a little bit in sport. Its easy to see its a limitation of the gimbal especially in sport mode....slavicsoul yours goes completely down? If so defect return it. Or does it go a little down ? Then your fine..

I experienced the same problem, but I thought that it was me unintentionally pulling it down with my finger.

Also I noticed that when I'm in the sports mode camera will go completely down.

Now for the record this only happened to me this week, so I assume that it is one of the updates that messed things. Hopefully they will fix it soon!
The gimbal will look down in sport mode because of its housing. When you are in sport mode the drone tilts very heavily, to keep the housing out of the shot it looks down a bit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan