Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air GPS active track ( Trace )

tooting37

Reactions
hi

am new to drone and been using practise
At local park manly on quick shots

Have a prom on GPS. Trying to use active track ( Trace ). Do a short walk while drone follow you . But can’t get the RTH to where you are.. ( using settings for this ) keep saying no strong GPS signal .
It ok home start . But don’t want the drone to go back to where I started. Am I missing out on this in settings or something ? ?? Cos I always work from where I stared ( homepoint GPS ). Have the Mavic air compo for few weeks now .

Not sure of your question sorry..but when I use active track on a hike I set it to hover instead of return to home. That is especially important if there are overhanging trees involved. I hope this answers your question.

Hi
Sorry maybe am not the clear
I haven’t used active track , like to use trace
Is that when I use trace and when after I finish
Press the RTH button will the drone go back when I started ? Or go where I finish ? Which be 200 m away from where I stared

hi

am new to drone and been using practise
At local park manly on quick shots

Have a prom on GPS. Trying to use active track ( Trace ). Do a short walk while drone follow you . But can’t get the RTH to where you are.. ( using settings for this ) keep saying no strong GPS signal .
It ok home start . But don’t want the drone to go back to where I started. Am I missing out on this in settings or something ? ?? Cos I always work from where I stared ( homepoint GPS ). Have the Mavic air compo for few weeks now .

What sort of phone / tablet are you using?

Hi have Mavic Air opened it out of the box two weeks ago and cannot get GPS Signal have gone through all the troubleshooting recommended and just can't find a GPS Signal I've managed once or twice to get maybe 8 satellites with two bars showing and then nothing anyone else having this problem

Hi have Mavic Air opened it out of the box two weeks ago and cannot get GPS Signal have gone through all the troubleshooting recommended and just can't find a GPS Signal I've managed once or twice to get maybe 8 satellites with two bars showing and then nothing anyone else having this problem

Perhaps it has a defective GPS. I suggest returning it to whoever you bought it from. Otherwise you can open a warranty claim with DJI.

Reactions: DCT
Thanks ive started that process but DJI aren't the greatest in returning emails I've sent many emails and flight logs and files as well but with no success the sale staff are very easy to get hold of but not the technical department thanks for the advice I'll keep trying to get hold of DJI

Reactions: dawgpilot
I'm using an oppo a9 2020 have also tried with my brothers phone a Samsung s9 and controller and app connected to the drone his mavic air had 14 satellites then he connected using his phone and controller to my drone and it showed zero satellites

Reactions: dawgpilot
hi : am using the new iPhone11 Pro max on my controller
I'm using an oppo a9 2020 have also tried with my brothers phone a Samsung s9 and controller and app connected to the drone his mavic air had 14 satellites then he connected using his phone and controller to my drone and it showed zero satellites

hi : am using the new iPhone11 Pro max on my controller

Make sure you granted the DJI app location permissions on your iPhone settings. The Fly app needs that permission in order to get your location to set the RTH to your controller location.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute