DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air - Hand take off and landing (not 'smart capture')

koren100

Reactions
and no, not talking about palm gestures -
got the air recently, and went out to test a take off and land into my hand. Usable in non-flat areas, dust, water, etc.
I was glad to share that it was just easy! left hand hold the remote and pushed/pulled the left stick, and right hand placed under the Air. works smoothly,

Reactions: Adam_R6
Ive got to go somewhere where theres no magnetism with mine. Tomorrow its an empty beach in brazil and its sand etc to will have to use the hand take off and land. Can i set a RTH in my hand standing still holding it? If not im not doing it lol.

And its easy you say, so ill just turn everything on as usual, do all the wifi checks and compass imu etc and then i assume set rth while holding it where i would want it to come back to if it all goes wrong for whatever reason. Then launch using the swipe or the stick?

Will it rth in my hand if i remember where i stand properly and basically catch it without reaching for it?

Will do a test launch and land in my hand in flat paved wide open area first. And yes, im new to this trying to imagine every scenario rather than freaking out mid air lol

Is yours ultra sensitive to magnetism? My spark is less sensitive..

Such cool things, best toy for a 30+ year old :))

Hi Adam,
No, i did not try to work it out with RTH. It was under normal RC mode. I think that even if RTH is triggered, i would assume taking control over when the toy comes near me.
I did not experience sensitivity to Magnetism, and do not have much of Spark experience so do not know to compare..
Good luck! Enjoy sunny Brazil.. from cold Massachusetts..

Reactions: Adam_R6
Thanks!! It's boiling here lol but pleasent in the shade. And yes good to just cancel the rth once it activates and take control again however you do that. Hit sport button or something i think but ill find out. Cool toys!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt