DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air help

sLcPiLoT18

Reactions
Hey everyone what’s the best iPad Pro 11” mount for Mavic air controller ? Also do I need a special usb-c cable or the one that comes with the iPad works to connect to the RC, TIA.

what’s the best iPad Pro 11” mount for Mavic air controller ?
Here are a few to check out:

do I need a special usb-c cable or the one that comes with the iPad works to connect to the RC
No. You can use the cable that came with your iPad.

If you want a shorter cable (so there isn't so much slack), one of these 1 foot cables would be a good fit:

Hey everyone what’s the best iPad Pro 11” mount for Mavic air controller ? Also do I need a special usb-c cable or the one that comes with the iPad works to connect to the RC, TIA.
I agree with msinger's recommendation, to which I would add the following:
  • Both are solid mounts, though a tad on the expensive side.
  • Both hold the iPad basically "over" the RC, attaching to the arms on the RC.
  • There are others which attach the bracket to the body of the RC, placing the iPad "above the RC.
  • If price is an issue, there are less expensive ones, though I'd go for one of the ones with the least plastic.
I just got this one recently, replacing a plastic one, and am happy with it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RK5FYY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW, I'd hold off on the short cable until after you get the mount, because you may find 1 ft to be a bit short; I use an iPhone 8 in a Catalyst waterproof case connecting the iPhone to the full size USB port at the bottom of the controller, and it's just barely long enough.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT