DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air in Gorge

pamisano

Reactions
I was recently in a gorge to do some filming with my Mavic Air. There was a large waterfall I was attempting to get video from bottom to top. I launched the Mavic, due to the location it was in ATTI mode. I starting filming and attempted to gain altitude while filming the waterfall and the Mavic Air stopped. It wouldn't go about about 8-10 feet. Just stopped like it was in beginner mode (which it wasn't) or like the altitude limit was set (the altitude limit was set to 120 meters. There was water beneath the Mavic and foliage about 15 meters above. I landed and tried again, but again had the altitude limitation.

Any ideas what would have limited the Mavic from gaining altitude?

Last edited:
Any ideas what would have limited the Mavic from gaining altitude?
Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Ok, just checked the log, and it said Maximum Flight Altitude Reached at 14.1 IMU and 15.1 VPS. But the maximum flight altitude is 120 meters. Are there different settings for ATTI mode? Also says Flight Mode was P-GPS with a max of 7 satellites.

Log: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Per the Mavic Air manual, the altitude is limited to 16 feet when the GPS signal is weak and VPS is activated. If you disable VPS (see the screenshot below), you can increase that restricted altitude to 98 feet.

DJI-GO-Enable-Vision-Positioning.jpg

I'm still confused which drone you're talking about.

"Mavic Air in gorge"
"and the Mavic Pro stopped"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka