DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Keeps Swaying in a Direction Suddenly

mavica_88

Reactions
I wonder if any of you guys experienced this. I am not sure if it is a software issue. My drone suddenly sways right or left while hovering when there is barely any wind from the environment. This sudden movement has caused it to crash. Any ideas? Could it be a sensor issue or is there something I can do with the settings?

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

That's an easy one to answer - in the flight that you posted you barely have enough GPS satellites locked for P-GPS mode positioning to work. Several times the number drops too low and the FC switches to ATTI mode, at which point it will drift with the wind - that's what you are seeing.

Reactions: UAVNV
Is there a solution to this? I'm using ios 10.3.1 on my phone.

The GPS receiver in question is the one on the aircraft, not the phone. Don't take off with so few satellites locked. Why it had so few is another question. Most likely the location had a poor view of the sky but, if that's not the case, it could be a hardware issue.

How many satellites would be sufficient for a take off? If there is a hardware issue, will DJI help with the replacement?

If there is a hardware issue, will DJI help with the replacement?
Before you start thinking about a replacement, take it out into an open field well away from any overhead obstructions and see how many satellites is connects with.

Last edited:
Reactions: sar104
how many satellites should I be expecting to receive in an open field?

It is annoying how the number of satellites decreased within a span of seconds leading up to a crash.the worst thing is the wind wasn't strong at that time.

how many satellites should I be expecting to receive in an open field?

It is annoying how the number of satellites decreased within a span of seconds leading up to a crash.the worst thing is the wind wasn't strong at that time.

16 - 20 would be normal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22