DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air loosing altitude

LSU1

Reactions
Was flying around the house this afternoon, got up to about 100 ft and suddenly dropped to about 60 ft. I immediately hit the drone up lever and finally went back up. Any ideas why this might of happened?

There's definitely something strange going on there - the behavior that you mentioned is apparent:

Climb.png

The cause of those drops and climbs appears to be IMU-related - the altitude variations during that part of the flight don't agree with the vertical velocities. Comparing the vertical velocity integrated with respect to time to the FC-computed height shows the disagreement clearly:

height.png

This really needs the mobile device DAT file ending FLY049.DAT in order to look at the raw IMU and barometric data.

Thank you so much! I just recalibrated my imu. Hope that will help. And will try to get the file above for you if I can figure out how

Well it's a bit clearer now, but another case where the active IMU seems to compute a trajectory that is not supported by any of the sensors. Neither of the accelerometers nor barometric reading supported the computed height solution from IMU(1), which was completely incorrect. The result was that the aircraft actually climbed higher than you commanded by throttle, and then the FC attempted to fix that by bringing it back down:

vertical_sensors.png

Wow, any suggestions? And thanks for hanging in there with a newbie!!!!! Much appreciated

Not really. Have you seen any indications of previous anomalous behavior? You could do an IMU calibration, but the sensors seem good. This looks more like a computational hiccup.

No this was the first time!!! Just had me grip the controller a little harder!!! Lol!!! I have calibrated it,will try it in the morning!! Thanks for your time

Reactions: sar104
@LSU1, glad you got out of that unscratched. Is this another hiccup or do you really live in a place -112m below sea level? From the DAT event stream log:

25.952 : 7460 [L-HOME]Update. lati:34.1482575 longti:-77.8899790 alti:-112.26

@sar104, I don't think i have seen this before. What is "vgz"?

74.673 : 9902 [L-FDI][FDI] ns atti(0) vgz is outlier
74.673 : 9902 [L-FDI][FDI] ns atti(1) vgz is outlier

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labbasson