DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air lost connection came back and wouldn’t reconnect

Reactions
Today I flew over the cliffs in my city where I’d flown several times before. It was only about 50m away when status went red and screen went blank. It returned to about the take off area and hovered just out of reach. Trying to let it land on my hand prob didn’t help. It sensed me and rose to about 10 feet and then started to slowly drift towards cliff with about 70% battery left. I tried to Reconnect through app several times n no luck. Eventually I quit app turned off controller and tried again and it linked. What should I have done differently?

I had a similar thing happen recently. My MA was still in visual line of sight when it lost the RC signal. The drone came back and was about to land on wet ground (I had hand launched it). The remote did not reconnect so I couldn't abort the landing. So I got to where the drone was trying to land and extended my hand with palms open hoping it would land on my hand. The drone sensed my hand rose up a little and hovered. I withdrew my hand to see if it would resume the auto landing. It just hovered in place. I switched off the RC, closed the GO4 app and restarted the remote and this time the remote reconnected and I was able to land it on my hand.

Instead of trying to let it hand-land, just reach up under it, carefully grab the fuselage and then quickly turn it on its' side. The rotors will immediately stop. I do this all the time with my Mavic Air when the ground is not suitable for landing (or there is no ground to land on.)

I had a similar thing happen recently. My MA was still in visual line of sight when it lost the RC signal. The drone came back and was about to land on wet ground (I had hand launched it). The remote did not reconnect so I couldn't abort the landing. So I got to where the drone was trying to land and extended my hand with palms open hoping it would land on my hand. The drone sensed my hand rose up a little and hovered. I withdrew my hand to see if it would resume the auto landing. It just hovered in place. I switched off the RC, closed the GO4 app and restarted the remote and this time the remote reconnected and I was able to land it on my hand.

Well I guess that’s the solution. I don’t know but maybe part of my problem was I turned the MA on and saw the 4 stop filter I had on was to much so I landed it turned it off and changed the filter to a 2 stop. I don’t remember if I went through the whole connection again or just turned it back on and it connected and I took it for granted. Next time I’ll start over. ?

Instead of trying to let it hand-land, just reach up under it, carefully grab the fuselage and then quickly turn it on its' side. The rotors will immediately stop. I do this all the time with my Mavic Air when the ground is not suitable for landing (or there is no ground to land on.)

I’ll remember that. But whenever I grab the thing I can feel it pulling against me and I’m worried about stressing the motors. But better than losing. When I have hand landed I usually let it sense my hand and then keep pressing down and it will come down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas