DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air low flight over long flat ice & snow covered lake

dgd3

Reactions
Mavic Air low fast horizontal flight over long flat ice & snow covered lake.
Do the sensors work to prevent going too low & cratering into the flat snow/ice.
Comments?

The drone keeps it's altitude with a barometer, you should have no issues whatsoever maintaining a constant altitude while you fly over the frozen lake assuming the drone is operating correctly. I wouldn't suggest flying extremely close to the ground to leave some margin for error, but that is up to you. The downward sensors can be less effective when flying over a monotone/reflective surface such as snow, but those won't be what is keeping your drone's altitude.

Keep in mind if you are flying fast & low, you will likely need a faster shutter speed than 1/60 to prevent everything from being blurry.

I've read various places that the bottom elevation ultrasonics don't work so well over plain surfaces? So I'm wondering because of them if I would crash?

So far my experience is I don't play with any of the camera attributes I just leave everything on automatic.
The most that I do is make sure that I'm filming in 1080 P. I don't have an editor on my computer that's robust enough for 4K. So when I'm doing shots for others if they wanted in 4K then I give it to them raw but I can't edit it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe