DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Low Noise Propellers?

Excellent test thanks and the Anafi props are by far the quietest! - But am I right in saying that unlike the MAS props, the Anafi props don't fit on the MA out of the box right? So can I ask what method have you used to fit the Anafi props to the Mavic Air? Thanks again for your excellent videos - well done :)
Thanks, I’m glad you found the video useful.

You are correct, you need a special mount for it. Fortunately I had access to a 3D printer and was able to print this anafi to Mavic Air mount from thingiverse: mavic air anafi prop adaptor (quick release style) by Tronno
1AB04B27-C5E8-44DA-B06D-057CD29E894E.jpeg
For the pins I just used 14 gauge wire
Electrical wire and just pushed it in. It allows the blades to move freely, but stay mounted.

Another problem with this mount is that it protrudes up a bit which makes it hard to fit in the little DJI caseCCC94A3B-7CA8-495E-B67E-DDBEDD386D4D.jpeg

You are correct, you need a special mount for it. Fortunately I had access to a 3D printer and was able to print this anafi to Mavic Air mount from thingiverse: mavic air anafi prop adaptor (quick release style) by Tronno
View attachment 66159
Electrical wire and just pushed it in. It allows the blades to move freely, but stay mounted.

Another problem with this mount is that it protrudes up a bit which makes it hard to fit in the little DJI caseView attachment 66160
Thanks for reply - unfortunately I don't have a 3D printer :(

I have just received my set from MAS but haven’t tried them out yet, 1st impression though is I can’t really tell much difference visually. They are very slightly wider, and also seem a bit ‘softer’ being able to bend a little bit more. I will post again when I have tested them.

Mine arrived quickly to Australia and I'm very happy with them. I won't add the video I was going to do as this seems to have been done quite well here j now already, but it was a worthwhile purchase and I really like them. Thought I'd add one more voice to the positive opinion of them. Cheers

View attachment 66159

Another problem with this mount is that it protrudes up a bit which makes it hard to fit in the little DJI caseView attachment 66160
have you tried flying like that? I have a 3D printer too and I don't think I'd dare flying with that bit of plastic holding together the blades. Just curious about the results

This is my attempt :)

Ordered the Master props too, hopefully they will be as quiet !
How did you make these? These look very compact and look great! Do they fit inside the original case?

Mine arrived quickly to Australia and I'm very happy with them. I won't add the video I was going to do as this seems to have been done quite well here j now already, but it was a worthwhile purchase and I really like them. Thought I'd add one more voice to the positive opinion of them. Cheers
These have continued to perform well and have been durable. No crashes ever but the odd bit of scraggle (twigs, leaves) has not even deformed the leading edges much at all, where the stock ones would get a little 'c' shape in them immediately. Very good.

Reactions: Jimmyk
I tested Master Airscrew props and Anafi props as well. My Anafi prop hubs were made on a Laser Sintered Nylon. This type of print has much greater precision than a home printer. Accuracy is critical to avoid vibration.

Reactions: Mxs
How have the master air screw propellers lasted for people? Are they a good investment for long-term flying?

I tested Master Airscrew props and Anafi props as well. My Anafi prop hubs were made on a Laser Sintered Nylon. This type of print has much greater precision than a home printer. Accuracy is critical to avoid vibration.
I would be interested in these . Let us know if we can purchase some.

I would be interested in these . Let us know if we can purchase some.

Bought Stealth 2nd generation. Flew with them for over 2 months. Thought I liked them because they were quieter (read on). Started to get drift and pano mode faultered as the drift was so bad. Put the OEM’s back on 3 days ago and Drift Begone. Re noise, think most of what I thought was quieter was a figment. Better a drone than flies true. The Stealth props are definitely more flimsy. Maybe they warped.

Getting the Orange, Love the color from my Pro
1570978380520.png

Here's a easier solution to the anafi props. Buy real parrot anafi props so they come with the hub screw. You can get them from parrot, bestbuy or b&h. Then buy some cheap knock off spark props. Remove the spark props from hub, cut off top of hub , and screw on the anafi props.

Attachments

• IMG_20191108_152725.jpg
    IMG_20191108_152725.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20191108_152745.jpg
    IMG_20191108_152745.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
Do you use any thread locker or how can you be confident the screws won't come loose with vibrations over time?

Here's a easier solution to the anafi props. Buy real parrot anafi props so they come with the hub screw. You can get them from parrot, bestbuy or b&h. Then buy some cheap knock off spark props. Remove the spark props from hub, cut off top of hub , and screw on the anafi props.

Never use loctite on plastic. CA glue works well. In my testing it holds up fine... But you still get the annoying buzz... I prefer the master air screw props better. But I'm hoping the mavic mini props bolt right to our motors when you remover the prop adapter.. this is exactly how parrot anafi does it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851