DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Motherboard Replacement, drone needs activation

MA1_Newbie

Reactions
Any guidance will be appreciated. I'm trying to repair a Mavic Air 1st gen drone, using parts from another crashed drone, I exchanged the motherboard (main one), switched it on and it went through all start up processes, but on DJI Go 4 its now asking for activation, any way around that? as both drones were bought for parts from a trader so cannot contact ex owners. What do I do now?

I could be wrong....but I believe if the components came from drones that were still bound to other accounts that it will prevent you from being able to accomplish that
No way round it? I'll never be able to find out who they belonged to, picked up from a trader who buys lots of damaged drones and resells.

The problem you will ultimately have is. Was the motherboard you purchased as parts from a drone that was bound to another account or was turned in as lost and was replaced? That info is kept on the Flight controller in the motherboard. DJI drones are a a pain to Build for this reason alone. If it was a newer Drone I would tell you to just send it in and save the money.

Certain components in DJI drones are "paired" or "activated" together, camera & gimbal usually are thing's you can't freely swap out without serious problems coming from the need to re-activate... would imagine that the mainboard is a component in that category.

This re-activation is usually done by DJI... doing it as a DIY repairer is mainly impossible without access to the SW DJI uses.

I bought 2 secondhand air1 from market place. Succesfully bonded both to my flightcontroler, and registered to my account. Maybe connecting to a djiassistent2 on pc and updating software would help. Or calibration of sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0nk3rt