DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air not recording entire video

sputcha

Reactions
I just bought a Mavic Air. I am recording onto a 64GB Sandisk MicroSD card installed on the Mavic Air. However, every time I record, only part of the video gets recorded. Also, sometimes , it doesn't record at all. Please help.

Possible causes of the problem:

# Do you look at the videos on your SD-Card or do you look to the cachevideos stored on your device you use to control? If so, these files somtimes get a little chopped, because of transmission problems during flight. The firsttime I looked at the footage from my drone, I was really disapointed, did I spent that much money for this poor quality? Untill I looked at the SD-Card and saw the full footage, then I realized my mistake

# SD-Card is to slow, check the specs of the card try another card and see if the problem is solved.

# During flight, you accidentally tip the video-button on the controler, something that happens to people like me with big fingers and a smal controler

# Contrary to apple, other devices split larger files up into parts of around 4,5 GB. If edited together, you will see no cut, but if you look at the card, you will see multiple files for what you consider to be one video.

# There might be a problem with the camera, but before I would look into that, I would first rule out other causes of the problem

Reactions: W2EJ
Possible causes of the problem:

# Do you look at the videos on your SD-Card or do you look to the cachevideos stored on your device you use to control? If so, these files somtimes get a little chopped, because of transmission problems during flight. The firsttime I looked at the footage from my drone, I was really disapointed, did I spent that much money for this poor quality? Untill I looked at the SD-Card and saw the full footage, then I realized my mistake

I took out the SD card and watched put into my iMac to watch.

# SD-Card is to slow, check the specs of the card try another card and see if the problem is solved.
What is the best SD card to use with this drone. I appreciate any suggestions .

# During flight, you accidentally tip the video-button on the controler, something that happens to people like me with big fingers and a smal controler
Can you please let me know where the video button is on the controllerI wasn't even aware there is one. I know that there is a record button on the app, but looks like that doesn't appear in quick shot mode ?

# Contrary to apple, other devices split larger files up into parts of around 4,5 GB. If edited together, you will see no cut, but if you look at the card, you will see multiple files for what you consider to be one video.
There is only 1 file even though I recorded 2 separate quick shots - 1 rocket and 1 asteroid. The rocket quick shot totally failed to record anything. The asteroid quick shot only recorded going up , bu not coming back down,

# There might be a problem with the camera, but before I would look into that, I would first rule out other causes of the problem
Thanks for your help

Thanks . I will check which card I have. Which one (U1 or U2) is better for the Mavic.
you need a card with very fast write speed (even faster than for Mavic Pro actually). Air records video files with bitrate up to 100Mbps so you need a card which can stand it.

Basically you need a card with V30 certification. Those are cards developed for high resolution and bitrate video recording.

Personally I use a Sandisk Extreme U3 64GB in my Air and I don't see any issues even with 4K recording. You can go with Extreme Pro version too (no difference for Air).
s-l400.jpg

you need a card with very fast write speed (even faster than for Mavic Pro actually). Air records video files with bitrate up to 100Mbps so you need a card which can stand it.

Basically you need a card with V30 certification. Those are cards developed for high resolution and bitrate video recording.

Personally I use a Sandisk Extreme U3 64GB in my Air and I don't see any issues even with 4K recording. You can go with Extreme Pro version too (no difference for Air).
s-l400.jpg
I bought the Extreme, and everything works fine now . Thanks for your help !!

100 is the video bitrate of the Air, not the speed it records to the SD card. At 100MBPS video bitrate, the Air writes data to the SD card at about 12.5Mbps. V30 records continuous up to 30Mbps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78