DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air or wait for Mavic Pro 2....

I don't believe the MP2 will ship without rear sensors. That's sort of becoming the standard now. Makes that source less credible.
That source has been right on the money about his info on the Mavic Air, and the Spark, and I believe several other DJI drones. Probably the best source out there. I assume he works for DJI or has a close source within DJI.

That source has been right on the money about his info on the Mavic Air, and the Spark, and I believe several other DJI drones. Probably the best source out there. I assume he works for DJI or has a close source within DJI.

Yep. He has been right on the money. I seriously doubt he works there but probably has a close friend there.

What's the thoughts on the likely size of the MP2. Same size as Air? Between Air and MP/MPP or bigger than MP/MPP? I'll be 10/10 p*ssed if they release an MP2 in a few months that's the same (or very close to) size as the Air but has Ocusync, 1" sensor, etc, etc.

I imagine it'll be the same size as the current Mavic pro. Maybe a little sleeker.

I think it has to be at least the same size as the current Mavic Pro (no smaller) to have everything upgraded. Occusync, battery, improved camera, etc. No way it can be the same size as the Air and have everything people want. Hope it is not bigger though. For me, the current size is perfect.

Reactions: dekip
What's the thoughts on the likely size of the MP2. Same size as Air? Between Air and MP/MPP or bigger than MP/MPP? I'll be 10/10 p*ssed if they release an MP2 in a few months that's the same (or very close to) size as the Air but has Ocusync, 1" sensor, etc, etc.
I think it will be sized between current MP and Air. I also think it will adopt the Air design aesthetics with less angles.

There are sketches floating around that show pretty much identical body work except for a mildly pointed nose. My money's on same size.

A Sams Club in South Carolina is already selling Mavic Pros for $629. Looks like the Mavic Pro 2s are reallly coming out soon. Costco also discounted to $799 today.

Attachments

• A86F2716-A39F-47FF-B6A7-C8244A0640AD.jpeg
    A86F2716-A39F-47FF-B6A7-C8244A0640AD.jpeg
    437.7 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Mcgon
Occusync use the same frecuency and channel selection as WiFi.. And the same hardware... It is WiFi with another name..
Yep, Occusync uses the same frequency band. It has a lower bitrate and less latency than wifi transmission and cycles through channels automatically to choose lowest interference.

I'm still on the fence. Argh.. Saw some youtube videos of flights in CE mode (european mode has half the Tx power of US mode) as opposed to FCC mode. Air still managed 1500-2000m in some of these videos. I think I could live with approx 1000m. I'm just wary of wifi as my hubsan drone (yes, cheap build quality) has been out to 900m but sometimes struggles to get 200m depending on what I can only assume is local terrain and RF interference.
I think I might pull the trigger on the Air. The reason being that the MP2 is likely to be 1500usd (1500euro) for the fly more package. That's 50% more than the Air fly more package. I think might be able to justify 1k more than 1.5k (and my wife won't kill me as much :p )

I see the chap who is supposed to have insider information sent out a tweet yesterday saying;

"Mass production of Mavic Pro II is about to commence." @OsitaLV

I was wondering what that means - how long from mass production to availability? (Obviously it's a range as production could go well or poorly.)

I was wondering what that means - how long from mass production to availability? (Obviously it's a range as production could go well or poorly.)

Well, if I were to base this on my own experiences when buying from China, I would say anywhere between 5-7 weeks.

Although I am buying tonnes of aluminium extrusions lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead