DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air/Pro - Fly More Combo Decision

STEye

Reactions
I have a dilemma that perhaps the community can help me resolve. I had purchased the Mavic Pro - Fly More Combo for $900 which is a great deal. I should have the option to return it if I choose. Now with the Mavic Air released, it sells for $1000 for the Fly More Combo (looks to be on sale ??). I understand the differences between them, but I am curious what the community thinks whether it is worth paying $100 extra for the Mavic Air Fly More Combo?

Nope. But then again, I would much rather fly the Pro than the Air. I think you get more bang for your buck. I personally feel the Air is priced too high.

I am curious what the community thinks whether it is worth paying $100 extra for the Mavic Air Fly More Combo?
Which drone best meets your needs? That's the drone you should choose.

Which drone best meets your needs? That's the drone you should choose.
I really don't have any real hard requirements. It is nice that the Air is smaller and more portable, but from a size perspective the Pro would do. One thing I notice is the Air sounds more like a "pack of bees". Not sure if that is more annoying than the Pro. I keep reading that the camera is better on the Air. The price is so close, which is why I am looking for feedback. Thanks for all that have responded thus far.

I really don't have any real hard requirements. It is nice that the Air is smaller and more portable, but from a size perspective the Pro would do. One thing I notice is the Air sounds more like a "pack of bees". Not sure if that is more annoying than the Pro. I keep reading that the camera is better on the Air. The price is so close, which is why I am looking for feedback. Thanks for all that have responded thus far.

The Fly More Pro at $900 is a great deal. That’s what I paid for mine last month, too. The Fly More Air at $1k is regular price.

Personally, I’d keep the Pro without any question. I know I am.

Reactions: Neebles
I had gotten the fly more combo for $900 from Adorama around the same time B&H had it on sale. @dcpmark did you get your Air already? Has anyone flown both quads?

The Air came at 6:32pm, too late to do anything tonight. Will give it a whirl tomorrow to test the range....the 21 minute flight limit doesn’t bother me.

Reactions: GoBigGuy
Where does one find a fly more pro for $900?
You can currently buy a Mavic Pro for $899 from an authorized DJI dealer here on Amazon. Most dealers no longer have them priced that low though.

Last edited:
One thing I notice is the Air sounds more like a "pack of bees".
All DJI drones sound like a pack of bees. I wouldn't recommend trying to buy a drone based on the perceived loudness. Depending on who you talk to, they are all over the map.

All DJI drones sound like a pack of bees. I wouldn't recommend trying to buy a drone based on the perceived loudness. Depending on who you talk to, they are all over the map.

Not necessarily the loudness although there have been videos such as one from Ready Set Drone that measured the decibel levels. I was referring to more along the lines of the pitch of the sound. It sounds more like the Spark which makes sense as the props are both smaller in length.

I was referring to more along the lines of the pitch of the sound. It sounds more like the Spark which makes sense as the props are both smaller in length.
Well, sure -- all of these drones make different sounds. Some are a little bit louder and/or have a different pitch. None are going to allow you to fly under the radar though. If you're outside flying a DJI drone and someone is near you, they are definitely going to hear it.

Well, sure -- all of these drones make different sounds. Some are a little bit louder and/or have a different pitch. None are going to allow you to fly under the radar though. If you're outside flying a DJI drone and someone is near you, they are definitely going to hear it.

I understand that you'll always be able to hear it, not a big problem, just a personal preference of pitch.

On a side note, does anyone think I should go for the MA Fly-more-combo for the extra $?

I had gotten the fly more combo for $900 from Adorama around the same time B&H had it on sale. @dcpmark did you get your Air already? Has anyone flown both quads?

Ok, just flew both the Air and the Pro back to back. Here’s my take.....other than the Asteroid and Boomerang modes, I prefer the Pro. But that comes with how I use my drone. First, I don’t shoot in 4k anyway....I use 2.7k/30, and although tha Air has 2.7/60, which is very nice, 2.7/30 is enough for my vacation needs, and easier to edit. I don’t need professional results.

They really end up not that much different in size when folded in their respective cases for travel purposes. Both fit easliy in a backpack, although the Air and accessories are obviously lighter. I saw mention of pulling the Air and controller out of your pockets, and that ain’t happening.

Lastly, I just feel better with the more solid range of the Pro. Will continue to test the Air, but at this point I think I’ll be sticking with my Pro.

Ok, just flew both the Air and the Pro back to back. Here’s my take.....other than the Asteroid and Boomerang modes, I prefer the Pro. But that comes with how I use my drone. First, I don’t shoot in 4k anyway....I use 2.7k/30, and although tha Air has 2.7/60, which is very nice, 2.7/30 is enough for my vacation needs, and easier to edit. I don’t need professional results.

They really end up not that much different in size when folded in their respective cases for travel purposes. Both fit easliy in a backpack, although the Air and accessories are obviously lighter. I saw mention of pulling the Air and controller out of your pockets, and that ain’t happening.

Lastly, I just feel better with the more solid range of the Pro. Will continue to test the Air, but at this point I think I’ll be sticking with my Pro.

Thanks dcpmark for your feedback! I quite often will be enticed by new tech. I suppose the Mavic Pro 2 would be a vast improvement over the MP, but I think I will be happy with my MP.

does anyone think I should go for the MA Fly-more-combo for the extra $?
The combo is great choice if you're going to use everything that comes with the combo. If you're only going to use some of the accessories, then you will likely save money by only buying what you need.

Another bonus is that you'll get two more MA batteries right away (instead of having to wait for them to be in stock).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423