DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Questions Please

Stormboy

Reactions
I am contemplating getting a Mavic Air soon. Have two questions.
1. Will my LG smart phone, Rebel, work with the system, controller and Mavic and Go 4 app?
2. Will my Ipad Air 2, non cell and none GPS version, work with the controller and mavic and Go 4 app?

Thank you
Jerry

Will my LG smart phone, Rebel, work with the system, controller and Mavic and Go 4 app?
I can tell you DJI does not support it, it's not a commonly used phone, and the specs aren't great. You could try it though.

One thing to keep in mind is that it might be a bad idea to use your active phone as the control device. I try to ensure that my tablet does nothing more than control my flight. I don't need any complications, getting a call, or a text, or some other notification while I'm trying to navigate and concentrate.

IMHO, you should keep your phone handy, but use a different device to control your bird.

Reactions: NAVMAV
One thing to keep in mind is that it might be a bad idea to use your active phone as the control device. I try to ensure that my tablet does nothing more than control my flight. I don't need any complications, getting a call, or a text, or some other notification while I'm trying to navigate and concentrate.

IMHO, you should keep your phone handy, but use a different device to control your bird.
Thanks..good idea.

Reactions: pvs
I am contemplating getting a Mavic Air soon. Have two questions.
1. Will my LG smart phone, Rebel, work with the system, controller and Mavic and Go 4 app?
2. Will my Ipad Air 2, non cell and none GPS version, work with the controller and mavic and Go 4 app?

Thank you
Jerry
My LG 20 works fine with them, so I would assume yours will as well.

Even though I bought an adapter to use my iPad as the control screen, i actually prefer my samsung phone. Its easier to set up and the screen is quite a bit brighter. I always put it into airplane mode so I'm not disturbed during flights.

I've flown with 2 different phones tat weren't on DJI's approved list a moto g1 and a g6 and they both worked OK . So try yours it will probably work too

Even though I bought an adapter to use my iPad as the control screen, i actually prefer my samsung phone. Its easier to set up and the screen is quite a bit brighter. I always put it into airplane mode so I'm not disturbed during flights.
what kind of adapter do you need for an ipad 4 mini?

Regular lightning cable should work if you plug it into the bottom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mupps64