DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Range

I flew mines briefly in the UK (CE) last night in slightly snowy conditions with some trees between me and the drone and it got a little choppy over 700m even with the little parabolic reflectors. However, today I flew in cloudy, dry conditions with no wind and a clear line of site and managed 3,000m with close to flawless video the whole way. I only turned back because of battery and I'm glad I did as I was on 7% when I landed. Very happy with that LOS range, more than enough to explore open environments, etc. Again, parabolic reflectors used on the remote.

Reactions: philh24
I can't get any further than 1000ft away from me in my neighborhood before my phone screen goes black and it says "Signal or image transmission lost". Nothing like flying totally blind. It's just terrible by my house. I took it to a park yesterday and I got about 2500ft away before it started barking at me. I'm not sure if the 10 degree weather has anything to do with it or not, but facts are facts and the signal to this drone SUCKS!

Reactions: MavicMo
My MA just arrived to join my P3P and Mavic Pro, Only a couple flights so far, but it’s an amazingly capable aircraft.

At least for me, it’s no surprise that when you go from a 734 gram Mavic Pro to a 430 gram Mavic Air, some capability has to some out of the smaller aircraft.

To me, the biggest surprise is how much capability DJI has managed to stuff into the Air, given the size/weight and price.

The MP and P3/4 series will remain in many ways more-capable, of course, but at least for me, the MA will fly 90% or more of my desired missions with about 2/3 the carry weight/volume for the drone, controller, two extra batteries.

It also makes a fantastic backup to the MP - I would have killed to have the MA with me in Hawaii last year when my MP started to have the ‘camera gimbal in-flight reset’ issue, which made it essentially unusable and absolutely crushed my video plans for the trip.

I get that people (including me) would prefer to have all the capability of a P4P or MP in an MA-sized body, but at least so far I think the MA is a great little drone for most uses, and that people for whom longer ranges are critical will be much happier with an Ocusync aircraft, with its higher heat/power/weight/volume requirements.

Reactions: philh24
Most of the reviews on the Mavic Air don't really address the Wi-Fi range.
Most flights seem to have been in remote areas, I wonder what the range will be in moderately populated areas?

Hi. I fly mine in Fort Worth, TX and throughout the city with open spaces I have pretty much topped out at 2000 feet. It doesn't seem to matter if I'm 2.4 or 5.8. Pretty disappointing.

I'm in pretty much a city landscape 2 miles outside of Philadelphia PA... check out my videos I just put on a 4hawks antenna ... I did a distance run about 3 weeks ago (stock picked custom channel, key here) and it was super laggy. Got pretty far but laggy...the whole time. this time there was no lag up until about 10,000 feet and I made it out pretty **** far. Almost 14000 ft ...Very big difference it is comparable to my mavic Pro now. Biggest difference is the quality in the image transmission feed it is always phenomenal now....i fly my ma more now
Mike Sarni

Reactions: JDawg and heydave23
Got 1.4km and a week later same spot 400m...need to see how I switch between the ghz modes

I flew mines briefly in the UK (CE) last night in slightly snowy conditions with some trees between me and the drone and it got a little choppy over 700m even with the little parabolic reflectors. However, today I flew in cloudy, dry conditions with no wind and a clear line of site and managed 3,000m with close to flawless video the whole way. I only turned back because of battery and I'm glad I did as I was on 7% when I landed. Very happy with that LOS range, more than enough to explore open environments, etc. Again, parabolic reflectors used on the remote.
Im in UK also but I've out my Air into FCC mode and so far it's matched my P4 and beaten!!! My P3A in range tests in built up high interference zones .I've had 5km across fields and over 2km from back garden over my local town...my lightbridge P3 Advanced lost signal at 1500 metres...the Air still had full signals at 2km so who knows how far it would have went...this little drone is better in every way to my P3A and P4 normal so far ...I've heard of the range problems but maybe that's on CE mode.
FCC mode and parabolic reflectors gives you superb range and only limitations are the battery

Will try that now. DJI already did offer me a replacement, but before replacing I will first try to see what happens in a rural area.
Hi twaah, any progress on this? I am in Dordrecht, and fly a lot near the Utrechtse Heuvelrug... I enjoy shooting landscape movies, so I need some decent range.

Here’s 2.3 mi. The only things that seem to block the WiFi signal are trees, houses, buildings, and flying from a low elevation to a high elevation. I could have flown the same distance from a highly elevated hill over a densely populated city below

Reactions: heydave23
Here’s 2.3 mi. The only things that seem to block the WiFi signal are trees, houses, buildings, and flying from a low elevation to a high elevation. I could have flown the same distance from a highly elevated hill over a densely populated city below

Amazing, I don't know how you're getting that kind of range. But please tell me how you're able to capture your entire Mavic screen and upload it for viewing. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: JDawg
Amazing, I don't know how you're getting that kind of range. But please tell me how you're able to capture your entire Mavic screen and upload it for viewing. Thanks in advance.
You want longer range and good video feeds modify your RC antennas....4hawks Raptor SR or XT. For screen recorder I use AZ screen recorder .

Reactions: heydave23
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1