DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Raw Photos - Reading DNG Files on Mac

You are correct. I have the Air & app updated to the latest and my MacBook Pro is running High Sierra 10.13.3.
Preview will not open the DNG file but Photoshop Camera Raw 10.0.0.827 opens it with no problems.

Surely this is a problem DJI should be talking about or solving. Are we in the minority???

Just an update to the saga. The DNG files open fine on Windows: Photos (Windows 10 Photo preview), Windows Photo Viewer and Photoshop CC 2017.

Does seem to be a Mac and Mavic problem

I've decided to go for the photography creative cloud suit for £9.99 PM for Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic, also includes Lightroom CC mobile for Raw Editing on a smartphone which is synced from desktop version, so nice package and very nice features.

DNG files are readable in all these programs, but still no preview available on Mac, strange...

I've decided to go for the photography creative cloud suit for £9.99 PM for Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic, also includes Lightroom CC mobile for Raw Editing on a smartphone which is synced from desktop version, so nice package and very nice features.

DNG files are readable in all these programs, but still no preview available on Mac, strange...

Interesting; now I want to try importing RAW images from my (Mavic Air) SD card onto my iPad using Lightroom. I could swear I could using the iOS Photos app before, but something changed recently and now I can't. I do know that I could switch to "Use RAW as default" in OS X Photos but today when I try do that, it says it can't read the RAW image.

Everything works fine in Lightroom.

This has been reported on the DJI forums - Mavic Air DNG files error

It comes down to a missing UniqueCameraModel EXIF tag in the DNG which means Apple doesn't identify the camera model and hence decides it can't display it. The user there identifies a workaround til hopefully DJI update the EXIF produced in the DNG to have that tag. Probably worth everyone contacting support that has this issue so they actually implement it :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661