DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air re connection request each power-up

moshik

Reactions
Is this normal that each time I start the Remote Control than the Drone and the application (on Android) - in that order, that the application asks if I want to connect by remote or by phone, and takes me to establish communication with the drone each power up?
That process includes pressing the back of the drone for 1 second and some actions on the remote.

What do I need to do so it will reconnect to the remote automatically each time?

Thanks
Moshik

Try this:
  • Power on the Mavic Air
  • Power on the remote controller
  • Wait for the light on the remote controller to change to green (meaning it's connected to the Mavic Air)
  • Connect your mobile device to the remote controller via the appropriate USB cable
  • Your mobile device should prompt you to start DJI GO 4 (or auto start it)

I always turn remote on...plug android device in. See it connect and boot app up then boot mavic up...good to go. Im not to keen on starting an ac first without remote (from rc heli's ) i know these are dji drones but still this way works also.....so remote on, plug device in ....u see app launch then power drone on

I always turn remote on...plug android device in. See it connect and boot app up then boot mavic up...good to go. Im not to keen on starting an ac first without remote (from rc heli's ) i know these are dji drones but still this way works also.....so remote on, plug device in ....u see app launch then power drone on

This is how I’ve always done my Mavic with zero issues.. but I get the same message as the OP with my air, frustrating. Will try what mssinger suggested

The important thing is to find the exact steps that work well for your mobile device and then always follow them.

I thought that the Drone should be turn on first due to the Return To Home process (drone wake, no remote signal = start RTH process).

Is that process was solved by DJI?

I don't want the drone start flying toward my room ceiling on power up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian