DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Remote Controller - Sticky sticks - ultimate solution?

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

I have been having issues with the remote controller sticks getting stuck intermittently. I posted another thread about it here a while back.

Cleaning was suggested. I did and the problem seemed to go away for a while. But unfortunately, it is back. Either one or both sticks will get stuck at a value ranging between 11% - 35%, sometimes in multiple directions. While researching the issue, I came across a few videos that suggested taking the remote controller apart and cleaning the potentiometers around the sticks. Here are two videos I found; first one involves taking out the actual potentiometers and cleaning them, the second one only involves applying an electric contact cleaner to the casing without removing the potentiometers.

The process seems to be fairly easy and I am inclined to give it a shot. But as always, I thought I might benefit from the expertise in this forum. What say you fellow members?

I have left the sticks in all my Mavics since they came out and never had an issue but do have a habit of spraying
QD electronic cleaner over all my contacts plus around the sticks and move them around real quick before it drys.
Dont know if it really helps or not but is just a habit and what
i do. I also am a big fan of DeoxIT gold and keep that on all my contacts.
No clue if that will fix your issue but is what I do.

I have been having issues with the remote controller sticks getting stuck intermittently. I posted another thread about it here a while back.

Cleaning was suggested. I did and the problem seemed to go away for a while. But unfortunately, it is back. Either one or both sticks will get stuck at a value ranging between 11% - 35%, sometimes in multiple directions. While researching the issue, I came across a few videos that suggested taking the remote controller apart and cleaning the potentiometers around the sticks. Here are two videos I found; first one involves taking out the actual potentiometers and cleaning them, the second one only involves applying an electric contact cleaner to the casing without removing the potentiometers.

The process seems to be fairly easy and I am inclined to give it a shot. But as always, I thought I might benefit from the expertise in this forum. What say you fellow members?
My first thought would be It’s not actually the pot that sticking But it’s the Plastic ball that holds it.
I’ve had pots get scratchy but never one that stuck.

So, after experiencing a few more flights with the sticky sticks issue I just couldn't take it any longer and I took the RC apart. Upon inspection, it seems that one of the stick contact points has been rubbing against the plastic housing on one side. I am terrible at describing so I will just attach the pic.

1588690756707.png

I cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol and Q-tips and gave it a good dose of compressed air. Re-assembled the RC and calibrated the sticks. Hope this will fix the issue (fingers crossed) because this issue is driving me crazy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan