DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Remote won’t turn on

Adaml88

Reactions
Hi all, I received my new Mavic Air, charged it all up, all was fine, bird and remote worked fine. Installed latest firmware, still all was fine. I attempt to turn it on the next day the Air turns on fine but the controller is dead. It won’t turn on, there’s no lights flashing to indicate battery level and nothing happens if I plug it in to charge it. I haven’t even flown it yet. Any suggestions?

So a double press and hold until the lights cycle up does nothing, it doesn't charge and a single press does not show the capacity remaining.

All three suggest it's DOA

Yeah that’s correct.
It’s weird though, it was working fine before I updated the firmware

Yeah that’s correct.
It’s weird though, it was working fine before I updated the firmware

You could try updating the RC via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC (see the second half of the video) if you can get it turn on, but maybe hooking it up to the PC might reset and trigger something.

You could try updating the RC via DJI Assistant 2 on the PC (see the second half of the video) if you can get it turn on, but maybe hooking it up to the PC might reset and trigger something.

No luck with that, the remote doesn’t power on so the computer doesn’t recognise anything is plugged in. Guess i’ll be sending it back

Same here except if I put on charger till 4 seconds blinking as do during charge, but after no blinking, doesnt turn on

If you hit the remote power button and it only stays on for a few seconds and then goes dead it needs to be linked to the drone. Press and hold the button on the butt of the drone for a few seconds to link it back up.

Hi Guys,
I'm just recently got my mavic air, hardly got any fly time and got the same problem with the remote. It doesn't turn on, when I try to charge it the charging lights only flash for a few seconds then nothing. No clue as to what happened. Can any one help me plz..
Thanks

Any update re dead mavic air rc issue? Been using mine for almost 2 months. Got the same issue as above just today. [emoji852]️

Any update re dead mavic air rc issue? Been using mine for almost 2 months. Got the same issue as above just today. [emoji852]️

Hi,
I got lucky with mine. I connected my phone and tried the power button several times (4times, I think) got a beep after that and switched on normally after that. I have noticed if unhook your phone before switching the rc off, it does not respond according.

Best of luck.

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM