DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air sea crash

mallymal

Reactions
Hi folks
as promised in my intro thread, here’s the footage of my sea crash!
i took off to about 3m, in calm conditions, and selected quick shots / active track to film my wife walking along the beach.
all started well, until the drone lost altitude, touched down in the shallows, before zooming up to about 60’, before somersaulting out of control, then falling into the sea.

Footage

Hi folks
as promised in my intro thread, here’s the footage of my sea crash!
i took off to about 3m, in calm conditions, and selected quick shots / active track to film my wife walking along the beach.
all started well, until the drone lost altitude, touched down in the shallows, before zooming up to about 60’, before somersaulting out of control, then falling into the sea.

Footage
Your link does not currently work.

Reactions: mavictk
So, you were flying about 10 Feet above ground in active track where the drone will attempt to manage position AND altitude to keep on track. This is a high risk condition. The drone decreases altitude the maintain track and touches down incurring some damage to the props and/or sand in the motors so control is lost. This is only a guess.
For more information you need to look at the flight log data by uploading to your AirData account. By analyzing the flight data you should be able to understand what happened and, more importantly, learn how to avoid a repeat situation.

Reactions: rickfmdj
So, you were flying about 10 Feet above ground in active track where the drone will attempt to manage position AND altitude to keep on track. This is a high risk condition. The drone decreases altitude the maintain track and touches down incurring some damage to the props and/or sand in the motors so control is lost. This is only a guess.
For more information you need to look at the flight log data by uploading to your AirData account. By analyzing the flight data you should be able to understand what happened and, more importantly, learn how to avoid a repeat situation.
Ah ok thankyou. The dJI manual said to launch to at least 6’ so I assumed that would be ok. Every days a school day!

Members would be helped if you would post the logs here for review by experts. It’s how we all learn to avoid a repeat. Check out past posts to learn how to get the logs and send them here.
Thanks

Members would be helped if you would post the logs here for review by experts. It’s how we all learn to avoid a repeat. Check out past posts to learn how to get the logs and send them here.
Thanks
What he said. It's amazing what you can learn!

Cheers folks
ive downloaded the flight log as a csv file here:
Dji go:/Documents/ExportFlightRecords/ExportCSV_2022-09-21[15-22-24].csv

I onLY have access to an iPad while on holida, and can’t see that file in my folders. But I’ll try again back home.

Cheers folks
ive downloaded the flight log as a csv file here:
Dji go:/Documents/ExportFlightRecords/ExportCSV_2022-09-21[15-22-24].csv

I onLY have access to an iPad while on holida, and can’t see that file in my folders. But I’ll try again back home.
Did you find a way to get your csv file from the ipad. I have the same problem but can't view my DJI Go folder on the ipad internal Hard Drive.
Thanks, Bill C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS