DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air spotted

Numerous retailers saying the Spark SKU was discontinued today. Looks like the Mavic Air is the direct replacement and closer to the Mavic Pro with sensors front, back and down and a 4k camera. Hopefully 3 axis gimbal.

WHY, DJI, why are you doing this to us?

IFA, Berlin, Fall 2017

Will DJI unleash the new Mavic Pro 2?
NO! Mavic Pro Platinum!

Christmas Sales 2017

NO! Mavic Pro Alpine White Edition!

Jan 23 2018 Event

NO! DJI Mavic Air (Mavark)

I still hope that the last one won’t be true, but I did the same on the other occasions...

WHY, DJI, why are you doing this to us?

————————————————————————
IFA, Berlin, Fall 2017

NO! Mavic Pro Platinum!

————————————————————————
Christmas Sales 2017

NO! Mavic Pro Alpine White Edition!

————————————————————————
Jan 23 2018 Event

NO! DJI Mavic Air (Mavark)

————————————————————————

I still hope that the last one won’t be true, but I did the same on the other occasions...

Numerous retailers saying the Spark SKU was discontinued today. Looks like the Mavic Air is the direct replacement and closer to the Mavic Pro with sensors front, back and down and a 4k camera. Hopefully 3 axis gimbal.
I heard DJI is offering a 50% off trade-in allowance for Spark folks that want to buy the Mavic Air (or whatever the name will be). ;)

Being followers they cannot do much. They must introduce a technology that is a head of dji. In other words, they must lead to gain solid ground in this business
Or equal to DJI and throw in some decent customer service.

d937b85def062f141e2de313da89a664.jpg
b0b3cff4f8a00665c2ba2cbb0a464761.jpg

No foldable props.

Looks good but like others said it sits between spark and mavic pp.

32 MP is interesting but without a 3 axis gimbal it’s a step back from the MPP for video.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuzLogix
They should have called it Spark Air. Does not really fit into the Mavic class.
For marketing purposes, you want the name to include the best selling model. This will probably sell at least 2x when named Mavic Air vs. Spark Air or Spark Pro or Spark Whatever.

I recently sold my Mavic Pro (gasp!) because I wanted something more portable. I wanted something that I can always have with me. I was thinking about the Spark or the Tello, but this Mavic Air might just work. Guess I'll find out more about this tomorrow.

No foldable props.

32 MP is interesting but without a 3 axis gimbal it’s a step back from the MPP for video.

I’m still going to say the Spark is not being discontinued, that 32MP is just for spherical pictures (not single shot), and that it’s $649-$699 to slot in between the Spark and Mavic. Mavic II will debut later this year.

Reactions: dpwarren

No foldable props.

I'm just glad my Mavic Pro isn't obsolete already ...

Reactions: Callum
I’m still going to say the Spark is not being discontinued, that 32MP is just for spherical pictures (not single shot), and that it’s $649-$699 to slot in between the Spark and Mavic. Mavic II will debut later this year.
My guess as well. Have they ever discontinue a year old product? If priced right there will still be a market for the Spark. DJI is really hitting portability/travel market. If a poll was taken on how many people bike or hike with a Mavic, I'd think it would be fairly a large crowd. Not what I'm after at all but that's just me. Now if I were taking a vacation overseas...OK. I like that the Mavic is smaller than the Phantom series and a huge reason for going with the one but I don't need a pocket drone if I have to purchase a new charger, controller and batteries. A water resistant Mavic II with a better camera setup and longer battery run times would have me do a double take.

My guess as well. Have they ever discontinue a year old product? If priced right there will still be a market for the Spark. DJI is really hitting portability/travel market. If a poll was taken on how many people bike or hike with a Mavic, I'd think it would be fairly a large crowd. Not what I'm after at all but that's just me. Now if I were taking a vacation overseas...OK. I like that the Mavic is smaller than the Phantom series and a huge reason for going with the one but I don't need a pocket drone if I have to purchase a new charger, controller and batteries. A water resistant Mavic II with a better camera setup and longer battery run times would have me do a double take.

The Spark is barely 6 months old!

I don't see a water-resistant Mavic being something DJI is going to be spending much time on. First, rain interferes with obstacle sensors. Second, how much are you going to be able to see with rain all over the camera lens? I mean, for a RACING drone, - sure - rain-proof is great. But for a flying camera which the Mavic is, - not so much (in this humble user's opinion).

Interesting that the props aren’t the new ‘winglet’ design...
I’m guessing this is a new product line or Spark replacement. A Mavic without the Pro if you will.

Who knows, the announcment may well be for a couple of new drones.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki