DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air spotted

lannes

Reactions
I found this photo on the internet, suspect the new model will cost USD 699, which is halfway between the recently reduced Spark price of 399 and the Mavic Pro at 999.

This must be the real AC , as the DJI moderators have deleted all my posts relating to this on their forum

mavic air.jpg

May well be it. Looks like a cheaper drone from the pic. Certainly cheaper than a Mavic.

The profile matches the cross section in the video, see the midsection area.

With Spark being reduced in price recently to 399 USD, I think it will slot in at 699, while the Mavic Pro remains at 999 USD

The profile matches the cross section in the video, see the midsection area.

With Spark being reduced in price recently to 399 USD, I think it will slot in at 699, while the Mavic Pro remains at 999 USD

Yes, that was my prediction too. I also expect some things about the Mavic Air to be better than the Mavic Pro. Not too many things, of course... Then you get Mavic owners wanting one, too.

Seems legit matches the video exactly (though I thing the air looks more interesting in the video compared to the photo). What will be better are the additional anti-collision sensors for backwards flying. Has 4K probably but a shorter flytime compared to the mavic pro plat. This makes room for the new mavic pro II with the 1"sensor.

Just one thing - where did you get this picture from?

btw - this picture is exactly the reason why a company should control the leaks (as apple does probably)

Is this the only drone that's going to be announced tomorrow?

So this is a downgrade for Mavic owners?

Reactions: cowboytim3
They cannot announce mavic II until the EVO gets a release date. My prediction is that mavic Ii goes on sale 2 weeks after the autel evo.
Exactly like when the karma was released. 2 weeks later the Mavic Pro came in for the kill.
Many who are eying the EVO will be waiting for the reaction of DJI first. And will not decide for the EVO in the end.
DJI's Sun Tsu tactics usually work out well. I'm very interested in how Autel will try to deal with that.

Exactly like when the karma was released. 2 weeks later the Mavic Pro came in for the kill.
Many who are eying the EVO will be waiting for the reaction of DJI first. And will not decide for the EVO in the end.
DJI's Sun Tsu tactics usually work out well. I'm very interested in how Autel will try to deal with that.
Being followers they cannot do much. They must introduce a technology that is a head of dji. In other words, they must lead to gain solid ground in this business

They cannot announce mavic II until the EVO gets a release date. My prediction is that mavic Ii goes on sale 2 weeks after the autel evo.

It's Canon vs Nikon all over again, one day Autel will catch up and surpass DJI, just like Nikon did in the sensor race

It's Canon vs Nikon all over again, one day Autel will catch up and surpass DJI, just like Nikon did in the sensor race
with one difference, Nikon was already once the most successful professional SLR camera and lens maker, before the digital sensors. They just held back on digital because of their dominant marketshare in analog SLRs. Professionals just kept on buying the F3. They thus allowed Canon to take the lead in digital.
Autel is coming from nowhere in terms of marketshare when it comes to drones.

Here are some more leaked photos:

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpeg

I still wonder if maybe there are two drone announcements tomorrow, this just doesn't really match up with the teaser.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure