DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Teardown

I live in South Africa.
We have a huge problem with dust in our area, and having landed my brand new MA on grass (did not have another option, I was wondering if it is a good idea to open the drone after lest say 6 months to clean out the fan.
I have seen many a laptop pass my desk (as well as PC’s) that were so clogged with dust that the systems overheated like noting and after a few minutes as well.

I still have 12 months of warranty on my drone, but after that... open it of leave it?
No big deal, remove top cover and u hv access to the fan. Easy to clean. I carefully use hand held vacuum. I have used my MA at construction site on dusty ground but the fan did not really get that dirty. Someyimes I used landing pad.

where is the compass? Inside gps? I like to demagnetize.
thx

How to access the screws that remove top plastic shell?
Can't find any visible screws around camera gimbal
It appears that not all Mavic Airs have screws under the gimbal holding down the top shell. I had to disassemble mine recently to save it from being submerged in water for 3.5 minutes. Mine didn't have those screws, and one of the YouTube videos I found also didn't have the screws under the gimbal present either.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: lee82gx
Searching how to properly change my ESC board, I also found these. The Coptertec one mentioned before (#6) is definitely a must.

DJI Mavic Air esc change :

My DJI Mavic Air - Fix Down of Water - Revive or sacrifice ?

Error Processor Chip Overheated, Tutorial Membuka Dji Mavic Air Dan Mengatasi Overheated Chip :

For those who've done it, any tips or warnings to share before proceding, thanks ?

One more I came across as I fell in the water for the 2nd time (salty water this time ...) :

DJI Mavic Air Arm Replacement / Repair

Finaly ended up changing : 2 rear motors (L+R) and the ESC card. Not an easy one for me but worth it ! After bathing once in a river and once in the Caribbean, it’s back in the air !
Thanks yall youtube video makers !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett