DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Travel Documentation

sosmaverick

Reactions
Before anyone links me up to other threads, I've read everything there is on this forum. What I'm looking for which I'm sure I've seen on this forum but for the life of me can't find it is...

Any documentation/certificate from DJI about the batteries and flying with them, if I remember correctly here was a two page document basically certifying the batteries or something along those lines.

Any other docs that would help during air travel welcome.. I'm travelling through the east and Far East, these formalities always help.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've already flown with mine. It's a lithium battery, bring on carry on, goes right through the xray. What's the problem or concern?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've just recently flown to three different countries on three continents and after 4 planes, no one cared nor ask questions. Even at Heathrow, which has very high security, no one even flinched.

Mavic - North Bay, CA

I just flew to Seattle on Alaska. I used the DJI bag, four batteries, the drone etc. I pulled it out of my Backpack, through the scanner and they said nada.

When I went through last year with my P4, they swabbed all the batteries. This thing they think it's a camcorder

It's not about the battery but the limitation of the airline or country rules, you have all the information that you need written on the battery itself.

The consensus seems to be equal to the FAA or IATA (I don't remember) rules, but I'll advise you to always check the airlines specific restrictions

i.e: normally you're allowed to carry the drone as carry on ( as the battery's should always be) but By Emirates airlines rules you need to send the drone as checked baggage (after signing a waiver)

Most FAA rules say the battery Mah limits etc. the Battery has to below half, and the terminals covered.

But your right... look up the airline your flying.

TSA isn't going to be an issue.

The Mavic is so small the crew on the plane I had didn't even notice I had a drone on board

I just flew to Seattle on Alaska. I used the DJI bag, four batteries, the drone etc. I pulled it out of my Backpack, through the scanner and they said nada.

When I went through last year with my P4, they swabbed all the batteries. This thing they think it's a camcorder

They said nada as in "no way, it can't go"?

Just flew from DFW to LAX with my Mavic in a bright yellow Nanuk covered in Mavic and DJI stickers. The kid at the ticket counter asked me what I had because of my YouTube sticker... because he wanted me to follow his YouTube channel, lol. Nobody else blinked an eye. 3 batteries and all the accessories in the case, good to go.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Good, I'm flying to Arizona from Fairbanks Alaska Saturday and was trying to decide if I should put it in my check-in or carry on.

Good, I'm flying to Arizona from Fairbanks Alaska Saturday and was trying to decide if I should put it in my check-in or carry on.

I'm sure it's airline specific but my understanding is that you have to have the Lithium Batteries in your hand luggage, they should not be in your checked bag...

Reactions: Reverend Greg

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu