DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air turns on itself

you think ? I just recalibrate it again (the RC) now it's at 0% for both stick and just did a small flight outside its dark and rainy so I will try again tomorrow, but during this small flight I didn't have the problem of the drone spinning so I think it's good. but tomorrow will give me a final answer. I will keep you in touch !

No - I know. The IMU calibration doesn't affect the stick calibration or stick outputs.

No - I know. The IMU calibration doesn't affect the stick calibration or stick outputs.

yes sure since the app tell me to turn off the drone before RC calibration, you're right !
i will test it tomorrow, but if it the problem still remain what can I do ? do I have to buy a new RC ?

yes sure since the app tell me to turn off the drone before RC calibration, you're right !
i will test it tomorrow, but if it the problem still remain what can I do ? do I have to buy a new RC ?

Unless you managed to get the sticks calibrated and all showing a consistent zero output when centered, then yes - the RC will need to be replaced. It's not under warranty, presumably?

Unless you managed to get the sticks calibrated and all showing a consistent zero output when centered, then yes - the RC will need to be replaced. It's not under warranty, presumably?

I bought it the 7/5/18 so yes I dont think it's under warranty anymore. I just went on the dji website but they dont sell the RC separately, do I have to contact DJI support to see if they can replace it ?

I bought it the 7/5/18 so yes I dont think it's under warranty anymore. I just went on the dji website but they dont sell the RC separately, do I have to contact DJI support to see if they can replace it ?

Yes - I would try that if it is still malfunctioning.

Yes - I would try that if it is still malfunctioning.
ok i will try to flight it again tomorrow and if the problem still remain I will contact DJI support then !
otherwise thanks for your time and your help, I really appreciate your quick response !

you think ? I just recalibrate it again (the RC) now it's at 0% for both stick and just did a small flight outside its dark and rainy so I will try again tomorrow, but during this small flight I didn't have the problem of the drone spinning so I think it's good. but tomorrow will give me a final answer. I will keep you in touch !
I had the same problem when I started using a magnetic charge cable adapter that I leave in the controller. Calibrating the controller fixed it.
If adapter is removed before flight I must calibrate again.
Also had interference from iPad mini’s embedded magnets.
The 12% you had was 4 times what I had.
MPP.

Reactions: sar104
I had the same problem when I started using a magnetic charge cable adapter that I leave in the controller. Calibrating the controller fixed it.
If adapter is removed before flight I must calibrate again.
Also had interference from iPad mini’s embedded magnets.
The 12% you had was 4 times what I had.
MPP.

That's a good point. A number of people have reported that the magnetic connectors interfere with the Hall Effect sensors in the sticks.

That's a good point. A number of people have reported that the magnetic connectors interfere with the Hall Effect sensors in the sticks.
But this would show up as a stick input in the DJIGo4 logs if that was the issue, correct? I’m having a similar issue, which I just posted on.

Thanks!

Yes - it will be obvious in the logs.
So, if my DJIGo logs don’t show stick movements, it’s not magnetic issue, correct? (I realize this is what you just said, but I wanted to make sure there was no possibility it could be affecting it minutely such that the DJI app didn’t show stick movement but it was actually happening, magnetically at least, at a level too low for the logs to show). I don’t think this is what’s going on since it hasn’t happened in nearly a year, but who knows.

So, if my DJIGo logs don’t show stick movements, it’s not magnetic issue, correct? (I realize this is what you just said, but I wanted to make sure there was no possibility it could be affecting it minutely such that the DJI app didn’t show stick movement but it was actually happening, magnetically at least, at a level too low for the logs to show). I don’t think this is what’s going on since it hasn’t happened in nearly a year, but who knows.

Correct. If the logs show zero stick input then the aircraft won't react.

Ok so I tried the calibration of the controller but it seems to have a problem with the left one.
As you can see on the picture there is a small % on the left controller, its not a fix number cause it change even if I dont touch it. Maybe the problem is here ?

I would try refreshing the remote controller firmware using DJI Assistant 2 on the PC

Personally I’d cover the basics first [emoji6]
Agree. Calibration is part of the process of determining what is wrong, if only to eliminate the IMU as the problem. It is quick and easy, so an obvious first step. Since the bird is turning, not moving or drifting, I might suspect the compass even more, so another step would be to test that by calibrating the compass as well.

Look for previous posts about this issue my MA does that also. Sometimes it yaws 45° without stick input. I calibrated the controller and did not fix the issue. I calibrated the IMU and Compass and did not fix issue. So now the MA is all apart waiting for new IMU replacement part. Not because of this issue, because the Data Error (Acc0)

So now the MA is all apart waiting for new IMU replacement part. Not because of this issue, because the Data Error (Acc0)
Apologies for the intrusion, but may I ask how difficult the process of getting to the IMU was? I have a data error on one of the IMUs and have been contemplating opening up the MA. Also, I don't have to remove the gimbal completely to get to the IMU module right? just remove the connecting ribbons?

Its relatively easy. The gimbal isn't touched at all. Taking the drones body apart is a small challenge. I watched a video on YouTube. It's easier than you think.

Thanks for the quick reply. One more question - is the cooling fan glued on? I watched the German video on YT but I couldn't tell if it was glued or not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee