DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC AIR WEAK TRANSMISSION, DISCONNECT ISSUE!

I think the date is on the S/N tag on your box. At the bottom right it should say (Y/M) with a date. mine says 2018/1. bought a month after release. I'm a little concerned mine has the same issue.
I bought mine 10 days after release.

Hi All, I have my AIR for about week now - once opened up and charged, I gave it a quick spin, I love it and it reminded me of my Spark (although now it has a 3rd axis! rock on)... just today I had time to really test it out. Test 1 was just fine, I didn't notice any issues. Test 2, I had nothing BUT this issue in an area where my Spark handled like a champ! Test 3, started out buggy, then straightened out. In the area by my home, I never EVER had a problem with the Spark, with this particular device, perhaps this has the issues described above (motherboard?).

I suppose if this were a motherboard issue it would be covered under Warranty- I certainly didn't crash or do anything stupid with it.

Best to contact DJI Support? I've never had a reason to contact- is it better to call or email?

I’m having the same issue. Just got my Mavic Air this week because of the overall portability and there is terrible video lag. It also disconnected 100 feet from me. I’ve had a Phantom 3 Advanced and have been out 10k feet with no issue. I know it’s capable but I’m not sure what the issue is. This was my one concern with the Air as it uses WiFi. I’m highly debating returning it now.

Hey new member here and I joined to try to figure this issue out. Looking at the wifi in the GO app I only have channels 2-10 and they all basically at all times show red bars. Thought maybe I got an early release one with a mobo issue but checked my box and it says 2018/3. My range is absolutely horrid with it. can go about 35ft up and out and it loses signal and begins to RTH. Tried going back to old firmware and factory reset and nothing has changed it. I don't really know what else to do next to returning it.

Guys I am debating if Mavic Air signal drop is significant in a busy city?

What phone are you guys using? I'm on an iPhone 6S. .. i just came back from a flight from a very open area, and this occurred multiple times. I was able to fly LOS, once i came near me I would watch the monitor and see it drop out altogether. I wasn't this wary of flying my very first time over water with the Spark. what the heck!

I phoned DJI yesterday...their response to this issue: Delete the app for 24hrs and when you re-install, they guaranteed it would not happen again. I thought it to be a ridiculous answer, but gave it a shot. Meh. No better.

I flew in Athens, Greece with the Spark. More congestion there than an allergists office in high pollen seasons. The Spark flew like a champ and didnt drop ONCE.

Ok i have to say that today i borrowed my bosses android phone because I’ve been using my iPhone X. His android unlocked the radio signal on my RC. I now have access to all the Wifi channels and my air will fly further away from me than i am comfortable with, haha. Definitely could not see it. I love it now

Ok i have to say that today i borrowed my bosses android phone because I’ve been using my iPhone X. His android unlocked the radio signal on my RC. I now have access to all the Wifi channels and my air will fly further away from me than i am comfortable with, haha. Definitely could not see it. I love it now

No kidding.. maybe that's my answer...I'll just have to steal my kid's Kindle Fire tonite...maybe that's the answer to this problem.

I saw a YT video just last night as I was trying to do some research on this issue. This one guy was having this problem on his iPhone 6S, which is what I have - he then filmed himself using his buddy's S8 and had 0 problems. He ended the video stating that his next step would be to factory restore the iPhone, or, get a new phone.

Well, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!

I’m interested here. iPhone X as well. Interference in certain areas. What are you guys checking and I’ll test my ipx

No kidding.. maybe that's my answer...I'll just have to steal my kid's Kindle Fire tonite...maybe that's the answer to this problem.

I saw a YT video just last night as I was trying to do some research on this issue. This one guy was having this problem on his iPhone 6S, which is what I have - he then filmed himself using his buddy's S8 and had 0 problems. He ended the video stating that his next step would be to factory restore the iPhone, or, get a new phone.

Well, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!

well i think it needs to be something with gps. apparently the dji go app isn't recognizing what country you are in when you use an apple product, so basically it keeps the wifi as restricted as possible making the range terrible. when i plugged in his android and connected a pop up in the app says something about "we have recognized you are in whatever region" or something like that. select ok and then its done. go check out the wifi channels and they will all be unlocked and stay unlocked when you switch back to your iPhone.

I thought that cell signal would id where you are. Got me curious here. You guys in US? Canada here and would like to test this theory.

I thought that cell signal would id where you are. Got me curious here. You guys in US? Canada here and would like to test this theory.

Ya there is some bug for iPhone users where it just doesn't register. The engineers from DJI are supposed to be putting out an update for us in "early May" to fix the issue. If you don't want to wait for that I recommend connecting an android to it. only takes about 5 minutes.

So what are you checking? Number of channels? Or signal strength? So I can test and report back the same thing.

So what are you checking? Number of channels? Or signal strength? So I can test and report back the same thing.
my number of channels went from being only 8 (2-10) to all the channels and my signal strength went from all red bars to many channels that were green. and then the distance I could fly I didn't really test the outer limits but got 300m up and then I'm not exactly sure how far out as I was nervous being my first time actually out and about where I couldn't see it, haha

I’ll check when I get in. I’m near an airport and that should mess some signal up. Also a ton of power lines. No access to android tho if a prob exists.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54